Subject: RE: [office] Change tracking comments need change tracking, ;-)

No, I haven't posted it yet.

I stand by the observation though.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Patrick Durusau [mailto:patrick@durusau.net]
Sent: Tuesday, September 07, 2010 06:39
To: ODF TC List

Sorry, just could not resist!

I have tried, really I have, to wade through the comments, counter-comments,
proposals, counter-proposals, etc.

Is the proposal in http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2796

the current state of affairs?

Yes/No

Dennis says at the end of that issue:

	With regard to the other complexities, I think there is a
descriptive way to say what is involved based on what an admissable deletion
selection is. This should simplify this a lot. I will move that into a
separate JIRA issue on <text:deletion> and its <text:change> relationship.
	[ Show > <http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2796>  ]
	Dennis Hamilton
<http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/ViewProfile.jspa?name=orcmid>
added a comment - 27/Aug/10 04:24 PM Oliver, I look forward to your
follow-up after OOoCon 2010. I think that, for the specific problem of
revising end tags, there is a simplified way to say it. """ Whenever an
element is split apart for splicing in deleted markup and the deleted markup
provides different unmatched start tags for end tags following the splice,
the end tag element type is changed to agree with the element type of the
start tag restored from the deleted markup. """ With regard to the other
complexities, I think there is a descriptive way to say what is involved
based on what an admissable deletion selection is. This should simplify this
a lot. I will move that into a separate JIRA issue on <text:deletion> and
its <text:change> relationship.

Question: Is there such a separate JIRA issue?

OK, now, I assume there is no consensus on the resolution or extent of the
resolution to the change tracking issue?

If the answer to that question is yes, can we:

1) have that on the agenda for the next TC call

2) have everyone to express their proposed changes separate from why we
should follow those changes? As a matter of fact, please write the text as
you propose it to read. In email or JIRA.

I think Dennis's concern about what happens to start-*/end-* elements is a
valid one that should be addressed in 1.2. I have comments on that issue but
will honor my own request and post them separately.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)