Subject: Re: Question about (OFFICE-3451) "should" and "may"

Dennis E. Hamilton schrieb:
> Michael,
>
> I am not sure that it is meaningful to say either of "may" or "should" in talking about when attributes in particular style families have any effect.
>
> Regarding <http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3451>:
>
> Can you help me understand where style attributes may appear versus when they matter for an element that references a style having such an attribute.  Aren't they just ignored when they don't matter for an element that references the style, directly or indirectly (i.e., by inheritance or default)?

There is set of different style families, and each family has
restriction by the schema which formatting properties may be used.

Some families, like that for charts, can be used for different kinds of
objects. However, not all properties that the schema allows for that
family actually matter for all kind of objects. If they don't matter,
they are ignored.

I think you are right that neither "should" nor "may" are really
meaningful in regard to OFFICE-2451. I've added a different suggestion now.

Michael

--
Michael Brauer | Oracle Office Development
Phone: +49 40 23646 500

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande