Subject: Needs Discussion Issues

Dear TC members,

as you may have seen by the notifications that have been send out by
JIRA today, I did a cleanup of the issues that have a "needs discussion"
component set.

This is what I did:

1. There are many issues that have a resolution and the status
"resolved", and where "needs-discussion" is set to bring the issue to
the attention of the TC so that TC members could object to the resolution.

For some of these issues objections have been raised already. I have set
the status of these issues back to "open".

For all other resolved "needs discussion" issues I suggest that we keep
the "needs discussion" flag for another week. If no objections are
raised by when, we should remove the "needs discussion" flag. I have
added a note to these issues.

2. There were a few issues that had "needs discussion" set although
there are other issues that have the flag also set, and where the topic
that shall be discussed is the same. In that case I have kept the
needs-discussion only for one of these issues.

3. A few issues had a needs-discussion, although it seems that there is
consensus on the resolution. I have removed the needs-discussion for
these issues.

4. A few issues had the needs discussion component set in order to alert
Patrick of a change resolution. I have removed the needs discussion
component from these issues, but not without notifying Patrick by mail.
This seems to be more appropriate to me, since there is nothing that
needs discussion in these issues.

5. I've added resolutions for a few needs-discussion issues.

The result of the clean-up is that we now can easily differ between
issues that are resolved and where purpose of the needs-discussion
component is to bring the resolution to the attention of the TC (these
are the resolved ones), and those where a resolution is still under
discussion (these are the open ones).

As said above, I suggest that we remove the needs-discussion from the
resolved issues in a week if no objections are raised in these issues.

The remaining 13 open "needs-discussion" issues may be discussed in the
TC calls.

Michael Brauer | Oracle Office Development
Phone: +49 40 23646 500
Oracle Office GBU

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande