Subject: Re: FW: Notes: Steps in Amending IS 26300 for ODF 1.1 Alignment

Hi Dennis,

OK.  That's fine.  And we do have a WG6 meeting next week, so it does make
sense to give them a "heads up" so it can get onto the agenda.

For background, when it comes time to contribute the published work, I
send the SC34 Secretariat the PDF file of the spec, and cc Jamie Clark
(OASIS liaison to JTC1), Patrick (Project Editor), Francis (WG6 Convenor)
and Michael (Co-Chair).  This gets everyone on the same page.  It also
causes the PDF to be added as a numbered document to the SC34 document
repository, as well as a notification going out to all SC34 National
Bodies.  This is good because it reenforces the message to SC34 NBs that
we're fulfilling our maintenance obligations.

Of course, the "real work" happens back in WG6, but we need to make sure
everyone gets the message.  This helps avoid misunderstandings, etc., of
the kind we had a few years ago.

Thanks.,

-Rob

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 10/07/2010
08:25:51 PM:

> FW: Notes: Steps in Amending IS 26300 for ODF 1.1 Alignment
>
> I needed to report that I was the critical path (slipping day for day at
the
> moment) on a task undertaken with Francis Cave at SC34 WG6.
>
> The discussion of progression and what the critical paths are at the
front
> is relevant to concerns of the ODF TC, and is my personal thinking on
how I
> propose to contribute my efforts.
>
>  - Dennis

Of
> Dennis E. Hamilton
> Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2010 17:18
> To: 'Francis Cave'
> Subject: RE: Notes: Verifying 2010-07-19 Second IS 26300:2006 Amendment
1
> Working Draft Resumes
>
> I must report that I have made no further progress since my August 24
> report.
>
> On the last teleconference call, I promised completion of my review and
> coordination with Francis so that we could have a revised Amendment
draft
> for possible balloting at the end of October.
>
> While I don't want to insist that this is impossible, I confess that I
have
> allowed the current number of tasks associated with advancement of ODF
1.2
> to release and public review of another OASIS Committee Draft to
completely
> dominate my attention.  The Committee Draft readiness is on roughly the
same
> timeline as the AMD1 draft readiness.
>
> Here are my critical-path priorities at the moment, as information that
> might be useful in how the SC34 WG6 sides of these activities might be
> orchestrated.  This is from my personal perspective and does not reflect
any
> tasks take on by the ODF TC at this point.
>
> This will be worth discussion on the 2010-10-13 call as well.
>
> PROGRESSION (HIGHEST PRIORITIES FIRST)
>  1. Complete JIRA Issues that I have ownership of, continue JIRA Issue
> resolution review
>  2. Create any necessary issues against ODF 1.2 CD05 to reconcile with
the
> adjustments made in ODF 1.0 Errata 02 for consistency and, in some
cases,
> improved language.
>  3. Resume Trial application of the Draft IS 26300:2006 AMD1 for
> determination of corrections for a new Draft AMD1.
>  4. Create necessary issues against ODF 1.1 to reconcile with the
> adjustments made in ODF 1.0 Errata 02 (both parts) and with issues
detected
> as part of AMD1 preparation.  This will move to ODF 1.1 Errata 01.
>  5. From OASIS Approved ODF 1.1 Errata 01, prepare comments to the
balloting
> of AMD1 at SC34.
>
> At this point, we would march forward with IS 26300:2006/AMD1 and OASIS
ODF