Subject: Re: [office] Cleaning up angles

On Mon, 2010-10-11 at 14:33 -0600, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> While cleaning up values and statements about values, I ran across:
>
> 20.2 chart:angle-offset
>

> > The default value is 90deg.
>

> I assume the value is: 90, meaning 90 degrees.
>
> Yes?
>
> datatype angle
>
> See also:
>
> 20.75 dr3d.end-angle
>
> "If it is the default (360deg)..."
>
> Then just 360 in the rest of that paragraph.
>
> datatype is angle.
>
> There are places where we define 0, 0deg, 0grad, etc. as legitimate
> values. See: 20.287 style:glyph-orientation-vertical,
>
> Actually on style:text-rotation-angle (which provoked all this), I am
> not sure that it doesn't allow 0 and 0deg. And in the process contradict
> the schema.
>
> Thoughts on that one would be appreciated.

In 18.3.1 we have:
An angle is a double value that may be followed immediately by one of
the following angle unit identifiers: deg (degrees), grad (gradiants) or
rad (radians). If no unit identifier is specified, the value is assumed
to be in degrees.

so so 360deg, 0rad, 1000.5, ... should all be valid. THe schema is
pretty useless here:
    <define name="angle">
        <data type="string"/>
    </define>

Note though that style:text-rotation-angle currently does _not_ allow
arbitrary angles as values:
                <attribute name="style:text-rotation-angle">
                    <choice>
                        <value>0</value>
                        <value>90</value>
                        <value>270</value>
                        <ref name="angle"/>
                    </choice>
                </attribute>

I think that is a mistake though. We should allow arbitrary angles here
too!

Andreas

PS: a separate issue is that an angle by itself does not suffice in any
or most of these cases. We really should specify which direction is
0deg.