Subject: RE: [office] The problem of visible hashes for protection keys

There is a mistake in the previous note.  There is a
<text:protection-key-digest-algorithm> option for <text:object-index>.  I
double-checked the schema and rechecked ODF 1.2 CD05, and it is indeed
there.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis E. Hamilton [mailto:dennis.hamilton@acm.org]
Sent: Saturday, October 30, 2010 17:46
To: 'David LeBlanc'; 'ODF TC List'

Nice analysis.  Thanks David,

Here are the places in ODF 1.1, with the attribute always storing a
key-verification hash (now documented in ODF 1.2 as being SHA-1):

4.4.1 Section Attributes, Protected Section subsection, text:protection-key
attribute

8.1.1 Table Element, Protected subsection, table:protection-key attribute

8.5.1 Document Protection, table:protection-key attribute [applies to
spreadsheets]

By virtue of sharing the sectionAttr RNG pattern defined in 4.4.1,
protection keys are also allowed on the following elements: 7.3.2
<text:index-title>, 7.3 <text:table-of-content>, 7.4
<text:illustration-index>, 7.5 <text:table-index>, 7.6 <text:object-index>,
7.7 <text:user-index>, 7.8 <text:alphabetical-index>, and 7.9
<text:bibliography>.

In ODF 1.2, the additional attributes table:protection-key-digest-algorithm
and text:protection-key-digest-algorithm are added to go with the
corresponding table:protection-key and text:protection-key occurrences,
except it is missing for <text:object-index>.  The default is SHA1 and ODF
1.2 consumers are required to support SHA256 also.  The digest algorithms
are identified by IRI, and new ones can be added, but the explanation for
19.700 and 19.853 *:protection-key-digest-algorithm is a little strange.  I
will turn in a JIRA issue on these and the omission if there are none
already.

 - Dennis