Subject: Re: Liaison from ETSI ESI to OASIS OpenDocument

Dear Sonia,

thank you very much for your liaison message. The OpenDocument TC has
reviewed it and the draft of "Electronic Signatures and Infrastructures
(ESI); Associated Signatures" with great interest.

While we consider the draft to be very interesting, the development of
OpenDocument v1.2 is already nearly completed. For this reason, it is
unfortunately not possible to consider a use of it in OpenDocument
v1.2's signature specification without significantly delaying
OpenDocument v1.2.

We however would be glad to discuss the use of the Associated Signatures
draft for a future version of OpenDocument as soon as the OpenDocument
TC starts working on a new OpenDocument version. This may be in a few weeks.

Please note that such discussions have to take place under consideration
of the relevant OASIS policies, namely the OASIS IPR[1] and liaison[2]
policies

[1] http://www.oasis-open.org/who/intellectualproperty.php
[2] http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/liaison_policy.php

Best regards

Michael Brauer
OASIS OpenDocument Technical Committee co-chair

--
Michael Brauer | Oracle Office Development
Phone: +49 40 23646 500

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande