Subject: Re: [office] ODF-Next Requirements

Rob

On 9 November 2010 00:50,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> Bob Jolliffe <bobjolliffe@gmail.com> wrote on 11/08/2010 04:37:34 AM:
>

>> Cherie you are right that the background work of categorization and
>> prioritization has not been done.  And whereas change tracking is an
>> issue which has stood out as being clearly important to many, there
>> are others, including for example more standard svg support and
>> proposals around encryption, signatures and packaging.
>>
>> Unfortunately, despite my best intentions, it seems clear that I am
>> not going to be able to devote the time to doing this all myself.  All
>> the time I get to devote to ODF currently is "borrowed time" and I am
>> struggling of late.  Can I appeal to members who might be able to
>> spare resources to help work on categorizing these issues to volunteer
>> themselves.
>>

> Once we approve CD 06 I think the following will be true in JIRA, that
> items assigned to ODF-Next will contain:
>
> 1) All public comments received during our call for ODF-Next proposals
>
> 2) All TC member proposals that came during out call for ODF-Next
> proposals
>
> 3) Any other public comments that were in the nature of ODF-Next
> proposals, but did not come during a specific call for ODF-Next proposals
>
> 4) Any issues, submitted by members or on public comment list that were
> "deferred" in ODF 1.2.
>
> What is not obvious to me is whether ODF 1.2 proposals not accepted from
> this list made it into JIRA:
>
> http://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/List_of_Proposals

All of these issues are in jira, prefixed by "Member proposal: " and I
believe entered by yourself on Oct 14 2009.  They are all marked
"fix-for" Odf-next.  Many of these have already been discussed on TC
calls but missed the deadline and selection process which set out in
this email from Michael in December 2008.

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/200812/msg00091.html

So whereas it's not given that these member proposals should take
priority over others for inclusion, they would certainly deserve some
sort of priority in terms of consideration.

Anyway, the good part is that they are captured.  It's unfortunate
that I don't think it's possible to edit the "reported date" in order
to put them on their rightful chronological place.  But they are easy
enough to identify to treat as a special set.

Regards
Bob