Subject: Re: [office] New Subcommittee now active

Just a couple of corrections :)

Please feel free to let me know if you run into any difficulties.

Best regards,

Mary

On Dec 2, 2010, at 2:04 PM, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:

> A quick tip for newer OASIS members.
>
> Being a member of the ODF TC does not automatically make you a member of
> the Subcommittee.  You need to take some extra steps to join the SC.
>
> 1) Follow this link and login:
> http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office-collab/
>
> 2) Above the "Group Notes" box should be a row of text links.  One of them
> says "join".  Click that.
>
> 3) You'll be asked to join as a member or observer.  Observers can read
> the SC's list, but not send messages.  Members can do both.

You must be a member of the TC in order to join a subcommittee as a member (you can also join as an observer). Observers in the main TC can only join the subcommittee as observers.

> 4) If you are a member of OASIS via an organizational membership, then
> your request to join the SC will be routed to your organization's primary
> representative for approval.

No primary rep approval is necessary for subcommittees.