Subject: Re: Fw: [office] ODF v1.2 submission for OS ballot

"Andreas J. Guelzow" <andreas.guelzow@concordia.ab.ca> wrote on 01/02/2011
01:18:07 PM:

> Some of the comments on the JIRA issues state
> "The comment is not in scope of the PRD02 public review."
>
> It is not quite clear to me what "in the scope of PRD02 public review"
> means. There are clearly some parts of the document that were not since
> the last review but whose meaning or interpretation has changed due to
> changes elsewhere.
>
> For example OFFICE-3583, the term in question there (escape angle) was
> replaced elsewhere with a different term (leaving angle), so while there
> was no change in this specific place the changes that were made
> elsewhere have made this (in my mind) clearly an item in scope for this
> review.

The OASIS rule is:  "Changes made to a committee draft after a review must
be clearly identified in any subsequent review, and the subsequent review
shall be limited in scope to changes made in the previous review."

So the scope is limited to "changes made in the previous review".

However, I'd tend to read that broadly, to include explicit text changes
as well as those unchanged parts of the text whose interpretation has
changed based on the explicit text changes.

Regards,