Subject: Re: [office] Thoughts on ODF-Next

Michael,

A question on your scheduling:

> > > Considering all this, it is realistic to assume that we cannot
> > > release
> > > OASIS standards more frequently than every two years, but even
> > > when we would only have a window of about 6 months where we can
> > > add enhancements into a specification document.

OK, but what would be the content of that OASIS standard?

I am assuming, perhaps incorrectly, it would be at the three prior CSD
bundled up for that OASIS standard.

Yes?

Assume Jan. 1, 2011 the train starts up:

1st CSD - 6 months

2nd CSD - 12 months

3rd CSD - 18 months

so isn't the sum of all three going into

CS - 24 months?

I think you imply as much but just wanted to be sure.

Hope you are having a great day!

Patrick

PS: I do recognize that current OASIS mechanisms make collaboration with
other standards organizations difficult but that isn't an issue we can
resolve in this forum.