Subject: RE: [office] CS01 has not been announced to the Public

Robin is correct, the only action to be done on the OASIS site is to update the ODF TC Public Page to remove the PRD information and announce CS01 approval and incorporate its availability in the Technical subsection.

I also meant public more broadly than those breathlessly watching OASIS e-mail lists, but that is not anything requiring action at the OASIS site.

 - Dennis

PS: That reminds me.  For some reason, I don't get those Cover Pages XML Daily items in my e-mail any longer.  I must have done something, and I should find out what it takes to get them.  I see that the last one I clipped and saved was from December 29.  I must resubscribe.  If the Atom feed ever arrives, I will love that.  I recommend this highly: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletter.html

-----Original Message-----
From: Robin Cover [mailto:robin@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2011 11:45
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: ODF TC List; Rob Weir; Michael Brauer

The Subject line caught my attention:

"CS01 has not been announced to the Public"

It seems that there's not a problem with announcement to the public from the OASIS Staff side, but (?) that the TC web site needs to be updated with the CS URI.  Correct?

On Wed, May 4, 2011 at 12:02 PM, Dennis E. Hamilton <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote:
> It has come to my attention that the ODF TC Public Page makes no
> announcement of the approval of ODF 1.2 Committee Specification 01 nor
> does it provide information on where to find those specifications.
> See http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/tc_home.php?wg_abbrev=office
>
> The announcement to members is here:
> http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/members/201103/msg00008.html

[rcc]  Announcement was also made to this publicly-subscribable
        mailing list:

http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201103/msg00003.html
 cited at
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/#newslists

-rcc

> There was mention in the OASIS News: 5 April 2011 notice from Carol Geyer, linking to the announcement to members.
>
> The ODF TC Public Page still talks about the public review drafts, which is why, I suppose, that is what Jesper just made a public comment about.
>
>  - Dennis

Robin Cover
OASIS, Director of Information Services
Editor, Cover Pages and XML Daily Newslink
Email: robin@oasis-open.org
Staff bio: http://www.oasis-open.org/who/staff.php#cover
Cover Pages: http://xml.coverpages.org/
Newsletter: http://xml.coverpages.org/newsletterArchive.html