Subject: Fw: [chairs] OASIS TC F2F Meeting Option -- for review

FYI, if we want to have a F2F meeting, once ODF 1.2 is behind us, to push
ahead aggressively with the ODF 1.3 work.

I did a quick calculation of the midpoint of the home locations of all of
the voting members of the TC, to see what a good central location might
be.  The midpoint is Tingmiarmit, an uninhabited island off the coast of
Greenland.   But I'm not hearing good things about the hotel bar...

http://www.geomidpoint.com/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tingmiarmit

-Rob

----- Forwarded by Robert Weir/Cambridge/IBM on 05/06/2011 10:45 AM -----

From:   "Jane Harnad" <jane.harnad@oasis-open.org>
To:     <chairs@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:   05/06/2011 10:22 AM
Subject:        [chairs] OASIS TC F2F Meeting Option -- for review

Dear OASIS TC Chairs:
As you plan your TC meeting schedule for the second half of the year, we
would like you to consider holding a F2F meeting in conjunction with our
upcoming “International Cloud Symposium: The intersection of policies,
standards and best practices for robust trusted public sector cloud
deployments.” The Symposium will be held October 10-13 in Slough, United
Kingdom (near London).  Meeting space is available for TC F2F meetings on
October 13 & 14th.
In order to assure availability, we are asking TC chairs to forward their
meeting space request by 3 June. Once all the meeting requests have been
compiled, we’ll contact each TC to work out the specifics.  In the
meantime, please feel free to contact me directly with any questions or
concerns jane.harnad@oasis-open.org.

In addition to F2F meetings, members of OASIS technical committees will
also be invited to showcase their cloud computing solutions by
participating in a TC-driven interoperability demonstration and/or the
standards showcase area.  Interoperability demonstrations may be
integrated into the Symposium program or positioned as a stand-alone
related function.  The standard showcase area is tentatively scheduled to
be held on the second day of the Symposium (11 May), and will offer
attendees an opportunity to view first-hand the latest applications and
tools in support of cloud computing.  Staff is finalizing all the details
for the event, so please look for more details on this option soon.
It is our sincere hope that our TCs will consider these opportunities as a
beneficial collaboration, full of networking and communication not only
for your TC, but between TCs.  We do thank you for your continued support
and look forward to possibly working with you again.
Regards,
Jane

Jane Harnad
Manager of Events