Subject: RE: [office] My role as TC co-chair

I had occasion to go look at the original posts on this list as part of researching the evolution of change-tracking in the specification.

I noticed the following achievements that I was unaware of as a late-comer to the ODF TC:

Of the original members at the December 2002 formation of the ODF TC, only you and Patrick Durusau have remained active.

You provided the initial contribution to what was then called the Open Office XML Format, consisting of a 571 page PDF and a collection of XML DTDs for OpenOffice.org XML File Format 1.0.

And you have shepherded the growth and evolution of the OpenDocument Format up to the present ODF 1.2 Committee Specification 01.

It is said that 90% of success in life is by showing up.  I would say that you have definitely shown up over the nearly-10-year life of the ODF effort.  I thank you.  And I congratulate you for your consistent presence and the outcome that has been achieved.

It is fitting that the soon-to-be OASIS Standard ODF 1.2 will bear your name on every one of its parts.  There is much to take satisfaction in.  Thank you.

This place is not going to be the same in your absence.

Good luck and safe journeys,

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: Michael Brauer [mailto:michael.brauer@oracle.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2011 07:28
To: OpenDocument Mailing List
Cc: tc-admin@oasis-open.org; robert_weir
Subject: [office] My role as TC co-chair

Dear TC members,

after a little bit less than 10 years it is time for me to say good bye to the ODF TC. This means that by this mail I'm resigning from my position as TC co-chair. I will also leave the ODF TC.

I was wondering whether after such a long time in the ODF TC I should write a little bit about the success story of ODF. But, well, you all know how ODF changed the world of office documents over that last 10 years. So, I'm saving you and me that.

What remains is to say that I am very glad that I have had the opportunity to work with all of you on ODF. Thank you! And of course I wish you and ODF all the best for the future. ODF 1.2, I'm sure, will add further momentum to ODF.

Best regards, and good luck

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Michael Brauer | Oracle Office Development
Phone: +40 40 23646 500 <tel:+40%2040%2023646%20500>
Oracle Office Global Business Unit

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG

Green  Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>  Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment