Subject: OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-08-01

OpenDocument TC meeting minutes 2011-08-01
====================================

* Begin 9:33 EDT

Attending:

+Andreas Guelzow
+Dennis Hamilton
+Donald Harbison
+Doug Mahugh
+Eric Patterson
+Patrick Durusau
+Robert Weir
Robin LaFontaine
*Svante Schubert
+Thorsten Zachmann
+Tristan Mitchell

Voting Members are indicated with a + before their name, Persistent
Non-Voting members with an *

9/12 voting members present = 75%, so quorum requirements are met.

Membership Notes:

- Steven Pemberton, Jos van den Oever are on Leaves of Absence.
- Louis Suarez-Potts loses voting rights

* Agenda  was amended to include discussion of membership matters.  As
amended the agenda was approved by unanimous consent

- Rob noted that with Michael's departure, the position of Co-Chair is
vacant.  Per OASIS TC Process 2.7 "Chairs" [1] the TC can either fill that
vacancy by electing another Co-Chair, or leave that position vacant.  TC's
are permitted to have one or two chairs.   Rob noted that if any member
wanted more information on the duties of a TC Chair, they could contact
him for an off-list discussion, or contact an OASIS TC Admin.

- The TC agreed to request a membership fee waiver for Svante Schubert

* The meeting minutes of July 25th were corrected by amending the summary
of Robin's remarks on change tracking to read:

"Change tracking now have over 60 use cases, and we're now looking in
detail at 6."

* As amended the minutes were approved by unanimous consent

* Discussion: ODF maintenance.

- Dennis note that the next WG6 meeting is August 17th

- Rob noted that SC34 had recently initiated a new project related to ZIP
packaging.   As a liaison to SC34, the TC can dominate a a liaison
representative to track that work.  Dennis volunteered.

* Discussion: ODF 1.2

- Review of Candidate OASIS Standard ends August 22nd.

- Dennis has entered two issues for ODF 1.2 errata:

-OFFICE-3702

-OFFICE-3708

* Discussion: ODF 1.3

- Advanced Doc Collab subcommittee meeting tomorrow (Tuesday)

- Dennis noted that the content freeze date for ODF 1.3 CSD 01 has
arrived.  The TC discussed.  We will defer until after the ODF 1.2 COS
review ends so we can include any additional fixes that are suggested from
that review.

- Thorsten Z:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3710
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3711

- Rob noted that in addition to the smaller fixes and enhancements, we
might want to have larger "thematic" areas of work for ODF 1.3.  This can
be useful to recruit new members.

* Adjourned at 10:14 EDT