Subject: RE: [office] ODF TC: New Ballot

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 09/06/2011
04:33:25 PM:

> Ballot notices only go to those listed as eligible to vote on them.  I
don't
> see why you didn't receive the notice, though.
>
> There's also a bug in the voting system.  I am an eligible Voting
Member.
> However, if I vote, it ends my leave of absence.  But if it won't
> let me vote,
> I don't have that choice.
>
> But if I decide to end my leave before the end of the voting period,
let's
> say, how would I then be available to vote?  Or would the vote have to
be
> restarted?
>
> (I promise not to do any of that.  I am simply analyzing the bug.)

Voting rights are at based on status at the start of the ballot.

This accounts for the case, which will happen here, of us having a TC
meeting next Monday, before the ballot closes.  Members may gain or lose
voting rights based on attendance or nonattendance at that meeting.  But
that does not impact the in-process ballot.

For the LoA case if you wanted to return early, you could send a note to
the list stating that, and I'd make sure Chet was aware of it.

-Rob

>  - Dennis
>
> Catch-22, the wonderful prospects of mechanical solutions to human
situations.

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature