Subject: A common starting place

Greetings!

I am sure you all have it bookmarked and visit every day ;-), but just
in case, this is the URL that I use to get to the Office Dashboard:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE

If you look at the Project Summary on the right side of the screen, you
will see:

Open
Resolved
Closed
New
Applied

I wanted to call your attention to the issues under Open, Resolved and New.

Open

Under Open you will find (for example):

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-659

A proposal to add FFT() to part 2, formula.

There was discussion but no real resolution other than to mark it
ODF-Next. If there is interest, we need to rope someone into properly
describing the function (see the email) and put in a future release.

Or, we can decide to simply close the issue with the notation that we
aren't going to add it.

Either way, we can move the issue along or move it off of the "Open" list.

Resolved

Under Resolved you will find the 22 issues that are set to fixed (sort
on the "Res" column) that I will be applying to create the next draft,
plus http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-2608, which I will
be checking to make sure earlier errata are not present in the next release.

The "later" category for resolution needs investigation. Feel free to
pick an issue and see what needs to be done.

New

The "New" category is the most troubling one. A large number of those
are unassigned and I take that to mean no one is looking after their
progression.

Don't be shy. Step up and own a couple of issues.

BTW, I am sure there are things we can improve in the next release and
yes that will mean creating additional issues in JIRA. But, it will also
mean solving those issues when possible, as we raise them. Actively
retiring issues is a good sign for a project.

Some of our close friends and colleagues are no longer participating in
the TC. When that happened I could not find the words to express what
their presence has meant to the project and me personally. I still can't.

What I do know is that we will be showing little appreciation for their
efforts if we don't march on and maintain a vibrant and active community
around ODF.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net