Subject: Potential OASIS Press Release to Announce Approval of OpenDocument Format 1.2

--PLEASE NOTE QUOTE DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, 30 SEPT--

In the event ODF 1.2 is approved as an OASIS Standard, the Consortium
plans distribute a press release. Our target distribution date will be
Wednesday, 5 October, (but is dependent on the outcome of the ballot).

*Recognition*
While OASIS deeply appreciates the contributions of all members to our
technical work, only Foundational- and Sponsor-level members elect to
receive promotional benefits, such as inclusion in announcements
directed to the press. The ODF 1.2 press release will acknowledge the
following organizations:

 Boeing, IBM, Microsoft, Nokia, Novell, Oracle, Red Hat, and the US
Department of Defense

If you represent one of these organizations, and you do *not* wish to
be included in the press release, please notify me.

If you represent a Contributor-level organization participating in any
of the OASIS ODF TCs, and you wish to receive visibility for your
support of ODF 1.2, please contact me immediately for information on
upgrading your membership to take advantage of this promotional
benefit.

*Quotes*
The body of the press release will feature quotes from Foundational-
and Sponsor-level members represented in the ODF TCs. Quotes should be
80 words or less. Please email quotes to me, including a name and
title at your organization to whom the quote can be attributed.

*More information*
http://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/tc-announce/201109/msg00005.html

**Our deadline for accepting quotes for this press release is Friday,
30 September.**

Thanks,
Carol

--
Carol Geyer
Senior Director of Communications and Development

OASIS | Advancing open standards for the information society
+1.781.425.5073 x209 (Office) | +1.941.284.0403 (Cell)
http://www.oasis-open.org

International Cloud Symposium:
http://events.oasis-open.org/home/cloud/2011

Follow OASIS on: