Subject: Re: [office] Acceptance of new Change-Tracking Proposal

On Thu, 2011-09-22 at 17:02 -0600, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
> <office@lists.oasis-open.org> wrote on 09/22/2011 04:41:35 PM:
>
> <snip>
>
> > I am currently working on a formal proposal, extending the
> > explanation earlier given on the SC list [1, 2, 3, 4].
> >

> We've had a SC looking at change tracking proposals for many months now,
> and they've made some good progress in developing their proposals.  They
> are planning on sending a Draft Committee Note for public review next
> month.  Integrating another proposal would delay that report.  Not the end
> of the world, but that would be the impact.
>
> Each TC member is free to make up their own mind on this.  It is not a
> decision for the TC Chair to make.  But my personal vote would depend on
> how soon you could have your proposal ready, i.e., something that is
> developed to the same level as the existing two proposals.   Can you
> commit to a date?

Interesting. There have been several comments made in response to
concerns with the GCT, that this can be addressed within GCT,
specifically with respect to making it clear which edits are represented
by the various markup. SO may I assume that those changes will be
incorporated in GCT proposal by that same deadline?

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD, FTICA
Concordia University College of Alberta