Subject: Re: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Agenda September 26th

Rob,

On 09/23/2011 02:18 PM, robert_weir@us.ibm.com wrote:
<office@lists.oasis-open.org>  wrote on 09/23/2011 01:34:09 PM:

Rob,

Apologies for the late request but I have two items I would like to add
to the agenda:

Sure.

1) Inline JIRA links in working drafts - To more tightly bind the
editorial work to resolution of JIRA issues, I propose to create a JIRA
type for note, the content of which will be a hyperlink (text will be a
JIRA number) that points to a JIRA issue. Easy enough to strip out for
Committee drafts/specifications, while retaining in the working draft.

This would allow a reviewer (a TC member, but not for public review if
we're stripping it out) to jump from a Note to the underlying JIRA issue.

Aren't working drafts accessible to the public?

And if a single JIRA issues required several changes in widely scattered
parts of the spec?  Several notes? Or you take this case-by-case?

Probably case-by-case because we should not have bulk JIRA issues for the most part. Could happen but should be unusual.

Might be able to have XSLT or ODF Toolkit code that adds the hyperlinks
for you.  In other words, search for the pattern OFFICE-NNNN and
automatically add hyperlink.  Would not even need a note.

Good suggestion!

But it would still need to be a "note" or some other ODF markup that the XSLT inserts.

Hmmm, probably could create a field that inserts the URL when I insert the OFFICE-NNNN.
The reason for bringing this to the TC's attention is that to be useful
it will require:

A. Committee minutes being posted as documents and not in the email
archives. JIRA resolutions will have a pointer to the committee minutes
where the issue was resolved.

Current practice is for the minutes to just mention the issue numbers of
the JIRA issues we've discussed in a given meeting and then to state that
"resolutions are recorded in JIRA", or words to that effect.   So a link
from the minutes to the JIRA issue might be useful.  But I don't see what
you would get from a link fro JIRA back to the minutes.

Its completes the circle, that is I can start from the minutes and find the issue, but I can also start from the issue and find the minutes.
B. Resolution fields will have to be just that, fields that hold the
change *made in the working draft.* The resolution cannot appear in some
other part of the JIRA issue.

So who would enter the resolution?  Just the editor?  And other members
use the proposal field?  In other words, is the resolution intended to be
the proposed resolution, the TC-approved editing resolution or the actual
editing change?  These often differ in subtle ways, and sometimes in
important ways.

Good point and one of the reasons I wanted to bring this to the TC.

Clearly we want a "place" for the editing resolution (not scattered at various locations in JIRA) but what should that be?

I think the "resolution" field needs to be reserved for:

1) editing resolution, or

2) actual editing change

but only one of those two.

I don't have a fixed preference, but do want a common practice to the extent we can do that.

C. Create an ODF1.3 (Next?) folder for working drafts. Question: What
happens if we decide this is a 2.0 release instead of 1.3? Will that
create confusion? Should the name be: ODF-June2013? So that we know all
the drafts in the folder were placed there before June 2013?

I'm fine with ODF 1.3.

OK - Let's see what Monday brings and if no other suggestions, I don't know if I can create a folder or if you need to.

Hope everyone is looking forward to a great weekend and enjoying the new OASIS site as much as I am!

;-)

Patrick

2) Under Action Items in JIRA,

http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/members/action_items.php

- Do we have a volunteer to take and clear items assigned to Michael
Brauer?

3) Likewise under issues, we have 12 unresolved issues assigned to
Michael Brauer (watch for line wrap):
http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
assigneeSelect=specificuser&sorter/

field=priority&mode=hide&reset=true&resolution=-1&assignee=michael.brauer&pid=10027&sorter/
order=DESC

Any takers?

4) Same for Bob Joliffe, haven't seen Bob since Jan. 2011, but he has 11
issues:

http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?
assigneeSelect=specificuser&sorter/

field=priority&mode=hide&reset=true&resolution=-1&assignee=bobj&pid=10027&sorter/
order=DESC

Any takers?

5) Don't be bashful, we have 179 *unassigned* issues as well. You can
probably find something that interests you.

6) BTW, we probably need a folder for agenda's as well. They are likely
to grow more specific as we get into the technical work.

Apologies for the late posting. I will try in the future to get such
items to you before the agenda goes out.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick