Subject: RE: [office] OpenDocument TC Coordination Call Agenda September 26th

OK, let's keep it simple.

Here's the detail page for the latest OIC Minutes in the OIC Meeting Reports folder:
< http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=43533>

Note that the document link (under Name for some reason), is a hyperlink.  The hyperlink is to the list archive copy of the minutes that were posted on the list.

It is easier to have the minutes on the list, because URLs to minutes on the list are easy, and they can be used wherever they need to be (e.g., in resolutions of JIRA issues, whatever).

I know of no way to make the folder of meeting notes visible to the Public.  The view available to the public is a composite of everything.  In my browser it shows them in reverse chronological order and the names are not used in the case of links, so it is not very useful.  See < http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/documents.php?wg_abbrev=oic>.

There does not appear to be any by-folder public access.

I also don't see those nice lists of version history on the summary page any longer.

 - Dennis

-----Original Message-----
From: office@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:office@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Patrick Durusau
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2011 12:39
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: office@lists.oasis-open.org

Dennis,

> A. Having Minutes as Documents
>
> Meeting minutes in the archive have URLs and can be linked in the resolution of JIRA issues.
>
> My practice as Secretary on the OIC TC and the TAG TC is to put minutes on the list and then create a document in the document repository that links to the minutes on the list.  That is how I capture the approval status.   Also, if there is a revision of the minutes, it goes to the list and that is captured as a revision in the document repository.
>
> When I post minutes to the document repository I do not send an announcement to the group, simply to keep down the list chatter.
>
> Linking to the minutes on the list is much more convenient for following links from JIRA.  If a link to the minutes entry is used in the document repository, it is necessary to remember to use a public identifier and these are now a little harder to obtain.  (To see the details, it is necessary to click the Actions pulldown at the right of the entry in the document index.)  There is apparently no way to give a member of the general public access to the folder of minutes, in contrast to the office list archive.

Sorry, even with the example you lost me.

> Linking to the minutes on the list is much more convenient for following links from JIRA.

I have read that two or three times and have no idea what you mean. Sorry.

Do you mean it is easier to link to minutes if they are in email? But
that doesn't have anything to do with JIRA.

Does that help show my confusion?

> For example, here is the last-posted OIC TC minutes,<  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=43533>.  It is also incorrect.  The member view is correct.  The document has been marked as approved and the description has been updated accordingly.  The public view is lagging for some reason.  It is also peculiar that the Document Details title line includes the URL, not the Title or Name. (sigh).

I don't have anything useful to say about this difficulty.

> I don't know any way to point anyone from the general public to the folder of meeting minutes, so researching previous minutes is a pain.  I suppose the list of a block of minutes could be posted to the list from time to time, with a link to the previous-block listing.

??? Minute folders are no longer public?

> Of course minutes can refer to documents that are submitted and approved, when the text being approved needs to be in a formatted document.  Likewise with JIRA issues.
>
> AGENDAS
>
> The calendar entry for a meeting provides a place for an agenda.  It provides a place for minutes too, though I don't know that that anyone uses that.
>
> Even for a block-reservation of meeting dates, one way to send an agenda is to go to the calendar entry, enter the agenda, and allow the calendar-entry modification to be reported to the list.
>
> Changes to the agenda can be accounted for in the minutes.  I suppose one could link calendar entries for meetings to the minutes for the meeting, although that is more manual work to coordinate.

Hmmmm.

Hope you are looking forward to a great weekend!

Patrick

>   - Dennis

patrick@durusau.net
Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34