Subject: Re: [office] chart:interpolation

On Wed, 2011-11-02 at 14:19 -0600, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-3662
>
> raises the issue of adding these four values to:
>
> step-start
> step-end
> step-center-x
> step-center-y
>
> to chart:interpolation.
>
> In passing it is mentioned that some applications have other values.
>
> Two questions:
>
> 1) Anyone (Andreas?) care to venture the definitions for these steps.

The definitions for the above 4 are already attached to the JIRA issue.
See the beginning of the "resolution field" where is refers to
http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/office/email/archives/201106/msg00014.html
That message has an ODF file attached with the details.

> 2) Are these all that we want to add? If there are others and we think
> there is user demand for them, let's add them now if possible. So we
> don't have to return to this attribute.

I am planning to provide further definition (Those provided by
libgoffice, ie. the ones are available in Gnumeric.) It would be good to
have somebody from some other implementations to see what they are
really doing.

Adding these 4, may also flush out further suggestions in the first
public review of these changes.

Andreas

--
Andreas J. Guelzow, PhD, FTICA