Subject: Re: [office] ODF Modularization Toward Document 2,0

Rob,

On 10 November 2011 18:55,  <robert_weir@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> We had talked about modularizing the ODF schema previously.  My colleagues
> at the IBM Tokyo Research Center did an investigation of the possibilities
> a while ago.  I just recently received permission to share their report.
> Although it was looking at the ODF 1.0 schema, I think there are some good
> insights here.

This is very good news indeed. From what I can guess, it opens a lot
of opportunities and conceivably accelerates the deployment of ODF (or
modules thereof) on implementations able to run on mobile devices and
the like.

However, how does this affect the notions of conformity we have been
trying to establish in the OIC TC?

Just curious.

Thanks
Louis