Subject: RE: [office] References to ADC SC work on requirements for change tracking for Patrick

One thing I’m not finding in any of this material is any user data. Other than the one or two public comments on the 1.2 drafts, have any of the implementers seen or shared any feedback from customers on:

1.      How much CT is being used in ODF?

2.      What features users are requesting?

3.      Any current features users are having difficulty using?

4.      Anything related to customer comments (not comments from developers or other associates within the community, but actual customers)?

Creating yet another SC to make a decision seems a bit over the top to me. If the current SC is unable to make a recommendation, then they should lay the issues out to the TC, which should be able to then take a vote. But having actual usage and user data should be part of the info included. Otherwise we’re guessing about what is needed for a standard to support products and trying to be smart on behalf of those users, which almost never works in software.

Chérie Ekholm

Senior Standards Professional

Microsoft Office Standards & Interoperability

Phone: 425-706-1425

Fax: 425-936-7329

Redmond, WA