Subject: Re: [office] Scope of ODF, was Re: [office] Questions/comments concerning the Select Committee report on Change Tracking

Am 23.07.2012 15:25, schrieb Svante Schubert:
> I have been using XSLT a lot in the past and I see no conflict, in using
> XSLT with MCT - quite the opposite.
> Each MCT operation would be related to an XSLT script, which is being
> triggered using the operation parameter as XSLT argument.
> Very modular approach with clear interfaces.

>>> models. ODF is the basis for *interoperable interchange* of documents
>>> and *not* a processing model.
>> This is a key issue and I would ask Rob to include it for a discussion
>> today in our call.

ODF 1.2 does include Open Formula which naturally specifies data
processing functionality (formula syntax etc.). I sincerely expect
future revisions to address OpenForumala underspecification on the
functionality side.

More flexibility of the ODF Charter to this end, to remove legacy
constraints, is appreciated but should not lead to blocking of ongoing
technical work.

Best,
André