Subject: Re: [office] Continued Lists

On Monday 04 February 2013 15:39:39 Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 04/02/13 15:12, Svante Schubert wrote:
> > As we started to discuss lists, allow me to continue this old thread.
> >
> > In ODF 1.2 it is not mentioned that the attribute @text:continue-list is
> > only allowed on the root element, see
> > http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html
> > #attribute-text_continue-list Although it makes sense and was suggested
> > that way.
>
> indeed it does.  LibreOffice ignores text:continue-list except when on a
> root text:list element.
>
> > Another defect seems that
> > http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html
> > #attribute-text_continue-list made it to the <text:number-paragraph>
> > https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/OFFICE-1896
>
> right, my assumption is if i filed an issue about it it must be wrong :)
>
> > But IMHO <text:number-paragraph> should be deprecated anyway, as they
> > are not adding a feature to ODF, only further complexity.
>
> i agree with you that it does not really make sense to have 2 different
> list representations in ODF because it's just unnecessary complexity;
> deprecation sounds good.
>
> for the record, AFAIK OpenOffice.org and its forks have never written
> text:numbered-paragraph elements; OpenOffice.org only supports reading
> it since version 3.1.  at the time when i implemented that, the only
> producer i could find that wrote these was KOffice 1.x.

Speaking from Calligra, the successor of KOffice, I can say that we still write
out text:numbered-paragraph but only if we loaded it

We have no way to create such things from scratch anymore, and I suspect it
would be possible to convert numbered paragraphs to normal lists during load.
As such I can support a deprecation, but I would need some time to actually
make sure we don't write it out anymore.

Camilla Boemann