Subject: RE: [office] Unmodified Schema in the ODF 1.1 Errata 01 PRD01 Materials

JTC1/SC34/WG6 has an opportunity to do another Corrigenda anyhow.  It’s quite possible there will be one, although the WG6 membership has not discussed it.

I’ve given Frances Cave, the WG6 convenor, a heads-up and I’ll also be seeing him the week of June 17 here in Seattle.  That may provide more perspective.  We can decide which way to go before balloting to take PRD01 to CS01 if that occurs as currently seems likely.

-   Dennis

From: robert_weir@us.ibm.com [mailto:robert_weir@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 6, 2013 01:17 PM
To: dennis.hamilton@acm.org
Cc: 'Chet Ensign'; 'ODF TC List '

"Dennis E. Hamilton" <dennis.hamilton@acm.org> wrote on 06/04/2013 11:14:26 AM:
[ … ] I am
> going to mention this to Frances Cave.  When there is another JTC1/
> SC34/WG6 Corrigenda to align further with ODF 1.1 Errata 01, they
> might want to include the RNG Schemas as "technical enclosures" in
> the manner employed for IS 29500 (now at :2012, I noticed recently).
>
>  - Dennis

[ … ]

So if ISO did not include the stand-alone RNG schemas then it is appropriate for us to omit them as well.  Or correct ours and convince them to include them as well.  But that would require an additional corrigenda on their end, right?  So leaving them out seems to be both easier and preserves the desired alignment.

The public review doesn't end until June 18th, so we'll have an opportunity to discuss on our June 24th call as well this coming Monday.

Regards,

-Rob

[ … ]