Subject: Status of ODF 1.2 ISO Submission

I've received a couple of questions recently about where we are with the submission of ODF 1/.2 to ISO/IEC JTC1.   The process for doing this, from the OASIS policy side, is described here in the "Policy for submitting OASIS Standards for adoption by other organizations":

https://www.oasis-open.org/policies-guidelines/liaison#submitwork

The JTC1 side of it is described in Annex F of this document:

http://isotc.iso.org/livelink/livelink/fetch/2000/2122/3146825/4229629/4230450/9482942/JTC_1_Supplement_%28pdf_version%29.pdf?nodeid=9484244&vernum=-2

Obviously requirements of both organizations must be met before a submission can be made.

I've drafted an Explanatory Report and posted it here:

https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=48783&wg_abbrev=office

This is a core document.  It is part of the bundle of materials that OASIS approves before authorizing the submission to JTC1.  And it is a required document that accompanies the ODF 1.2 standard when distributed to National Bodies for their review and approval during the PAS balloting process.

Remaining work includes:

1) Completing a submission request per section 2) of the OASIS "Policy for submitting OASIS Standards for adoption by other organizations"

2) Working through the OASIS approval process per section 3) of the OASIS "Policy for submitting OASIS Standards for adoption by other organizations"

I believe we've met the pre-req's listed in the OASIS policy, e.g., the interop demonstration we held in Budapest a few years ago.

Unfortunately I've been tied down by other work and have not been able to work on these items as much as I'd like.  But if moving this forward is an urgent priority for any other TC member, I'd be glad to yield these tasks to other capable hands and support them as needed.

Regards,