Subject: Stepping down as ODF TC Chair

I've recently taken on new job responsibilities at IBM where my focus will be less aligned with standards development.  I don't want the TC's work to suffer for lack of concentrated attention from me, especially as we move closer to ODF 1.3 and other priorities, so I'm stepping down as TC Co-Chair.   I'll remain as a TC Member.

Patrick has agreed to lead the process for nominating and electing another Co-Chair for the TC.  I have a few remaining administrative tasks, including sending out the meeting minutes from our last meeting and updating the TC roster with the latest voting rights status.  So please consider my resignation to be effective June 30th, or when a new TC Co-Chair is elected, whichever comes first.

It has been my privilege to chair the ODF TC for the last 6 1/2 years, along with Michael and Patrick, and to see ODF 1.2 go from ideas on the mailing lists, to subcommittee discussions, to Committee Drafts, Committee Specifications, a Candidate OASIS Standard, an OASIS Standard and now on to JTC1 to become an International Standard.  We've done important things, and I look forward to working with you all, in a different capacity, on continuing this fine work.

Regards,