Subject: Re: [office] Teleconference facility?

On Thursday 28 May 2015 15:08:42 Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I should have mentioned that in addition to a new co-chair, we are going
> to need a new teleconference service.
>
> Oliver will be attending TC meetings but perhaps not every time. :-(
>
> Anyway, we need to arrange something before the meeting on the 8th of
> June, I am thinking probably by the 2nd of June? So we can cover the
> collaboration call on the 3rd of June and I can get the information out
> in the agenda for the 8th of June?
>
> Suggestions?

I was suggested to use the conference bridge of sip2sip. This is kind of
nice as people can just call in through a number of ways, combining
chat, voice and hopefully soon notetaking.

The idea is simple: just think up some unique numerical code for your
group, such as 63382 ('ODFTC' on a phone dialpad). Now connect to that
room in one of the following ways and there is an instant conference with
the group. :

- dial in by phone to +13304090385 (usa) or +31208005160 (nl) and use the
number you picked as the conference number. No additional cost beyond your
regular calling cost)

- connect for free over the internet with SIP or XMPP to the
conference room by calling the address 63382@conference.sip2sip.info
(or whatever number you picked). For instance by using the Blink Qt
client (http://icanblink.com) or Jitsi (http://jitsi.org).

If somebody is interesting in trying this out before the next tc call, let me
know.

Cheers,
Jos