Subject: Re: [office] describing and checking the relation between identifiers and references

Hello Jos,

impressive work!
I very much do like your collection of all IDs and their potential references and its validation.

During review, a question occurred to me in regard of the starting comment within identifiers-and-references.xml, it states:
  "The rules apply to OpenDocument documents, but not to OpenDocument extended
  Documents. To apply these rules to OpenDocument extended documents,
  the contents of such documents should be processed with the rules of Part 3
  §2.2.2 first."

The rule of Part 3 §2.2.2 only states that in an extended document are more files allowed within /META-INF
aside of the manifest.xml and signature files. Does it really affect the given rules?

I tested the XSL transformation as well.
First some suggestion to the documentation in the header of the iar2sch.xsl file
1) I suggest to make it more explicit in the text that it is a two step procedure to create the validation XSL file from your XML and XSL.
2) Also make explicit that iso_svrl_for_xslt2.xsl is part of the Schematron implementation (plus reference).

One minor typo, I assume you meant
  Single XML files can be checked too:
    java -jar saxon9he.jar -xsl:identifiers-and-references.xsl -s:example.fodt
using fodt (flat file) suffix instead of the odt, as it does not work directly on a zipped ODT for me.
The validation gave some result on one of my files, do you have some test file to show coverage?
Another cosmetic thing: Under windows I get the complete schematron ouput file to the command line instead of the sole output, when calling:
java -jar saxon9he.jar -xsl:identifiers-and-references.xsl -s:/myOdtDirectory/content.xml

Thanks for your efforts!
Svante