Subject: Changes to proposed solutions for issues

Hi all,

for the issues of the list for Monday call I suggest:

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-513 Interface META-Functions
It would be really good to have a unique description for an interface to external data provider. Currently there exists the function DDE for such purpose in the specification, but that covers only the method DDE and does not exists for Mac OS or Linux. MS Excel has the "Cube" functions for connection to an external data base. There exists some requests to provide a way to use results calculated in R. If we do not want to have single solutions for each request, a generic way would be good. It would be similar to "plugin" as object, but with resulting in a cell value. Therefore I think, we should agree with the request and set it to "Later" and do a concrete specification when an implementer actually works on such function.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-638 office-formula: FFT functions? https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-659 FOSS 2.0 - was: Add FFT() to formula spec? Close OFFICE-638 as duplicate of OFFICE-659 (as proposed). But in addition contact the reporter, if he is still willing to help making a proposal, which he has stated in his request.
Is Andreas still willing to work on it? Then it should be assigned to him.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-645 Allow saving a comment additionally to a defined name This is not the same as putting a comment to a cell. Such named expression can be used in several cells. I think, that it is a valid request and would be a useful feature. Spreadsheets are actually used for very complex calculations, and if someone else has to maintain such spreadsheet, comments would be really useful to him, some as comments are useful in programs. Therefore I would not close it, but set it to "Later" and progress when an implementer actually works on it.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-674 ODFF: list of suggestions
This needs some investigations, where the specification is incomplete or inconsistent. And a comparison with other calculators e.g. Excel or Wolfram|Alpha or ... would be useful. It is not about specifying more functions, but to be consistent in the wording and structure in the existing ones. I think such controlling is useful for ODF 1.3. The real question is, who has time to do it?

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-742 Extending the PERCENTILE() Function Andreas commented already that such function call is possible as array function and that it is up to the implementation, to detect the array and calculate efficient. So close the issue.

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-758 Request for Economic Rate of Return function As long as no implementers work on it, such requests should be set to "Later" and not to "ODF 1.3".

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-779 border styles on style:columns and style:column elements I don't know publications, where such borders are used. Is there any Wordprocessor, that can set such borders? And I'm not sure whether fo: would be the correct namespace. I think it belongs into the same category as the request for borderless background pictures. So many questions open and no current implementation, so I think, it is not doable for "ODF 1.3". Suggestion "Later".

Kind regards
Regina