Subject: Re: [office] Archives of ODF files?

Greetings!

Regina advises that despite the lack of odf as a filetype in Google
advance search menu that:

filetype:odt

works.

Of course I had to try it for spreadsheets:

http://thentao.com/Dungeon-Index.ods

was one result.

Which made me think of Svante for some reason. ;-)

Cool!

Patrick

PS: But at 237,000 results for .ods, that sounds low to me. You? Same
result from Googel.de.

I wonder if Google is indexing for the filetype:ods or odt?

Is there an obligation to correctly report the file extensions
encountered? Maybe we should ask the EU. ;-)

PPS: Does make me even more curious why Advanced Google Search doesn't
have the ODF file extensions?

On 12/28/2015 04:30 PM, Patrick Durusau wrote:
> Greetings!
>
> I have been extracting the content.xml files from ODF files in an
> effort to gauge the variety of the XML being produced by ODF
> applications.
>
> Since Google has lacked the foresight to enable limiting search
> results by ODF file types, :-(, I thought members of the TC might
> know of existing ODF file collections that I could repurpose?
>
> I want to avoid canned example documents because they are unlikely
> to reflect the experience in the "wild" as it were with ODF
> documents.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!
>
> Patrick

> generates this mail.  Follow this link to all your TCs in OASIS
> at:

- --
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau