Subject: Re: [office] OFFICE-1148

Hi all,

Patrick Durusau schrieb:
[..]

4. JIRA Issues for discussion:

A. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1148 - A new proposal
has been submitted by the proposer. Chart: regression curves -
polynomial and moving average - Could some of our spreadsheet experts
review for next Monday?

I'm no spreadsheet expert, but I notice some things, which I think need to be addressed:

- How are the values of the regression curve actually calculated?
- To what kind of chart can the regression curve be applied?
- For kind "moving average":
- - How is the case of not-equidistant x-values handled?
- - Gnumeric has a switch about the abscissa. Can that be represented with the proposal?
- - Need the series to be sorted in x-values?

Besides that, the proposal needs some editorial work in regard to accuracy and normative idioms.

Kind regards
Regina