Subject: Agenda for ODF TC Teleconference - 18 January 2016

Dear TC members,

Below you find a draft agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2016-01-18.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&mont
h=1&day=18&hour=14&min=30&sec=0&p1=25&iv=1800

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 641-715-3580

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Agenda
- ------

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -

- - 2016-01-11 (draft) attached.

4. Action Items:

A. Office-1148 - Michael Stahl to contact proposer with questions

B. Office-1426 - Jos to contact users on use of Greek numbers

C. Office-1431 - Thorsten to extract actionable issues

D. Office-1431 - Patrick to develop language on SVG over draw

E. Office-1436 - Jos to contact Pierre Ducroquet about his proposal

5. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Spreadsheet: JIRA-Issues-ODF-TC-11January2016.ods (same as last meeting)

6. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

7. Next meeting: 2016-01-25 at 14:30 UTC.

8.  Adjournment

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

- --
Patrick Durusau
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau

ODF-TC-Minutes-11-January-2016

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

9:30 AM EST

9:35 AM EST - Roll Call

Quorum

+Thorsten Behrens

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

+Darrin House

+Thomas O'Reilly

+Svante Schubert

+Michael Stahl

+Andras Timar

+Jos van den Oever

+Patrick Durusau

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 10 out of 10 - 100%

100 percent quorum

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

Unanimous consent - approved

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve Previous Minutes

- 2016-01-04 (draft)

Unanimous consent - approved minutes of 2016-01-04

5. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Office-1148

Michael Stahl will communicate Regina's questions to the proposer

Office-1281

Defer to next meeting and Patrick will be prepared.

Office-1420
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1420

Discussion: of present vs. moving it to settings - used for interop in local environments - does it belong in the format? - is being "local" a reason to exclude from the format - possibly break existing uses if we move it -

Office-1420 - close by unanimous consent

Office-1426
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1426

Defer Office-1426

Action: Jos will contact users for information on use of Greek numbers

Office-1431
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1431

Action items: Thorsten to extract actionable items as new issues, Patrick to develop language suggesting SVG over draw in the prose and Office-1431 itself becomes ODF-Later.

Office-1435
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1435

Close Office-550 in favor of Office-1435 and set Office-1435 to ODF-Later

Office-1436
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1436

Jos to contact Pierre Ducroquet about his proposal, and we defer OFFICE-1436

Office-1437
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1437

Deprecate in ODF 1.3

6. New comments since last TC call

None.

7. Next meeting: 2016-01-018 at 14:30 UTC.

8.  Adjournment

Unanimous consent - adjourned - 10:31 AM EST.

Chat log from meeting:

anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever
Patrick: . Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -

- 2016-01-04 (draft). (ATTN: Treat the attendance with
caution, from memory. When I deleted future meetings, it appears to
have trashed the prior 4 months of meeting attendance, but not beyond
that? Have contacted OASIS to see if that is the problem.)

4. JIRA Issues for discussion:

A. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1148 - A new proposal
has been submitted by the proposer. Chart: regression curves -
polynomial and moving average - Could some of our spreadsheet experts
review for next Monday?

B. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1281 - Report by
Patrick - on extension issue

C. Spreadsheet: JIRA-Issues-ODF-TC-11January2016.ods

5. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

6. Next meeting: 2016-01-11 at 14:30 UTC.

7.  Adjournment
anonymous morphed into thorsten
Svante Schubert: Don't forget to mute yourself, there is some noise on the line..
thorsten: quite some static today ...
Svante Schubert: much better :D
Jos van den Oever: yes, i'm here,
Jos van den Oever: just dropped my phone
Patrick: 90% quorum.
Patrick: agenda approved.
Patrick: Add Oliver to the attendance for Jan 4th meeting
Patrick: With adding Oliver, are the minutes for Jan 4th approved?
Patrick: Minutes for Jan 4th are approved.
Patrick: Micheal will communicate questions to the proposer on OFFICE-1148
Patrick: Defer OFFICE-1281 - to next week.
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1420
Jos van den Oever: andreas also commented
Patrick: Discussion of present vs. moving it to settings - used for interop in local environments - does it belong in the format? - is being "local" a reason to exclude from the format - possibly break existing uses if we move it -
Patrick: Close OFFICE-1420 - by unanimous consent -
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1426
Patrick: http://www.unicode.org/charts/PDF/U10140.pdf
Jos van den Oever: that codepage has *ancient* greek numbers, are they commonly used in modern text?
Patrick: Defer - OFFICE-1426
Jos van den Oever: action for Jos: get information on actual use fo numbering with greek numbers
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1431
Jos van den Oever: "In contrast to ODF Draw format, SVG is inherently web-publishable"
Jos van den Oever: it certainly has wider support
Jos van den Oever: but ODF can include SVG already
Jos van den Oever: "adopting SVG as a first-class component of ODF"
Jos van den Oever: we could say that we recommend embedding svg over using draw
Jos van den Oever: without changing draw
Patrick: Thorsten - extract actionable items, Patrick - language to emphasize support for SVG (1.3) over draw, issue itself become ODF-Later
Patrick: out of OFFICE-1431
Patrick: action items would have separate issues -
Patrick: OFFICE-1431 as shown
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1435
Michael Stahl: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-550
Patrick: close Office-550 in favor of Office-1435 and set OFFICE-1435 to ODF-Later
Patrick: consent to as shown
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1436
Patrick: Jos to contact Pierre Ducroquet about his proposal, and we defer OFFICE-1436
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1437
Patrick: Office-1437 - Deprecate in ODF 1.3 - general consent -
thorsten: aye
Svante Schubert: bye