OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Chat log from Jan 18, 2016

Hash: SHA1


Our chat log from today's teleconference:

anonymous morphed into Thorsten
anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever
Patrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Right

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -

- - 2016-01-11 (draft) attached.

4. Action Items:

A. Office-1148 - Michael Stahl to contact proposer with questions

B. Office-1426 - Jos to contact users on use of Greek numbers

C. Office-1431 - Thorsten to extract actionable issues

D. Office-1431 - Patrick to develop language on SVG over draw

E. Office-1436 - Jos to contact Pierre Ducroquet about his proposal

5. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Spreadsheet: JIRA-Issues-ODF-TC-11January2016.ods (same as last meeting)

6. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

7. Next meeting: 2016-01-25 at 14:30 UTC.

8.  Adjournment
Patrick: 54% quorom -
Patrick: Add 4F to thank Oliver-Rainer Wittman for his service to the TC
Patrick: agenda approved with that amendment - unanimous
Patrick: Minutes for January 11, 2016 approved by unanimous consent
Patrick: Office-1148 - Michael - proposer contacted - no replies - defer
Patrick: Office-1426 - Jos contacted, yes to standardized, numbers
were hard coded, will update JIRA issue with details
Patrick: Office-1431 - not yet - check back -
Patrick: Office-1431 - SVG language not yet - defer and check back
Patrick: Office-1436 - Jos - emailed Pierre - but no answer yet -
defer - sending a reminder
Patrick: Resolution on Oliver-Wittman -  Thanking Oliver-Rainer
Wittman for his years of service to the ODF TC and wishing him success
in his new adventures.
Patrick: Thanking Oliver-Rainer Wittman for contributing his text
editing expertise to ODF 1.2 and similar contributions to ODF 1.3....
Jos van den Oever: He stuck with ODF and the OpenOffice code base over
many company changes
Patrick: The ODF TC thanks Oliver-Rainer Wittman for contributing his
text editing expertise to ODF 1.2 and ODF 1.3, along with his
leadership as the Chair of the TC for several years. The ODF TC wishes
him every success in his new adventures.
Michael Stahl: ...taking over responsibilities as TC co-chair for some
Patrick: The ODF TC thanks Oliver-Rainer Wittman for contributing his
text editing expertise to ODF 1.2 and ODF 1.3, plus his contributions
to the OpenOffice code base through company changes, along with his
leadership as the Chair of the TC for several years. The ODF TC wishes
him every success in his new adventures.
Patrick: Last text to be entered as a unanimous resolution of the TC
and transmitted by Patrick to Oliver-Rainer Wittman.
Andreas J Guelzow: I just joined the call..
Thorsten: +1 of course to the proposal, sry seems I was on mute ...
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1439
Regina Henschel: It is connected with the question, whether the
distinction in styles and automatic styles is needed at all. See

My suggestion would be to remove the UI relat
Patrick: Regina - close this issue, it is already non-normative - in a
note - May need to be more explicit about notes being non-normative
Patrick: close 1439 - not an issue
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1460
Jos van den Oever: "Furthermore, there is no concept of a canvas that
can stitch them together into a a single document." This is not really
Jos van den Oever: Any text, spreadsheet, presentation, could be used
as a canvas.
Patrick: Regina - not so much a question of the markup but of
implementations - should close the issue
Patrick: close office-1460
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1502
Patrick: Patrick to reach out to digital signature TC to ask for help
on visual signatures in ODF 1.3 - Action item.
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1503
Patrick: Regina has looked at this issue - have another proposal with
visual approach to draw such lines.- can content of the corner
Patrick: Peter Junge joined the TC last May
Jos van den Oever: Peter JungeTianjin Sursen Investment Co. Ltd.Member
Patrick: Regina - will contact Peter Junge about bringing this issue
Patrick: contacting Peter Junge is the temporary resolution
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-1514
Patrick: table style would have a lower precedence than a column or
row style - possible with templates now - should we allow it on
instances of the table?
Patrick: OFFICE-1514 - fix for 1.3
Jos van den Oever:
Jos van den Oever: <a
Jos van den Oever: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3883
Patrick: Jos will research how to add links to see diffs
Thorsten: bye!
Patrick: 10:34 adjourn

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!


- -- 
Patrick Durusau
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Another Word For It (blog): http://tm.durusau.net
Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau

Version: GnuPG v1


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]