Subject: Chat log for 18 April 2016

Greetings!

The chat log from the ODF Teleconference today:

anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever
Jos van den Oever: I'm almost thinking I have the time wrong. But if
Regina is also here, it must be right.
Regina Henschel: I have converted the time in the mail to be sure.
anonymous morphed into Aarti Nankani
Regina Henschel: Please add
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201604/maillist.html to
TOP 7 of the agenda.
Patrick: 72% quorum
Patrick: Amend the agenda to add comments to comment list as shown by
Regina's entry
Patrick: Agenda is approved.
Patrick: close office-2115 with references to ODF 1.2 part 1
Jos van den Oever:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1416408_253892949
Jos van den Oever: 16.28.2Paragraph Styles
Patrick: 16.28.2 paragraph styles in part 1 of ODF 1.2
Patrick: my bad, wants to define character style and then use it in a
paragraph style. So have the capability but not by using reference to
character style.
Patrick: by capability, I mean the same effect can be achieved in ODF
1.2 but not by using a reference to a character style.
Jos van den Oever: Having the ability to use a reference avoid
duplication of text-properties
Jos van den Oever: ODF would be more elegent with a reference to a
character style instead of having an extra text-properties in the
paragraph style.
Patrick: would reference to character style supercede an existing
definition of text properties - Regina - could say direct or reference
but not both - Either or not both in the schema
Patrick: Would be a big change for ODF 1.3, possibly more appropriate to
ODF 2.0.
Jos van den Oever: For ODF 2.0, I think it would a very nice improvement.
Patrick: Michael - serious compatibility issues
Patrick: set for ODF-Next - by consent
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2116
Patrick: open but leave for 1.3 - assign to Michael -
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2117
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2118
Patrick: 2118 -> Patrick - compare to schema
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2119
Patrick: assign to Regina
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2121
Patrick: closed already
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2122
Patrick: set for ODF 1.3
Patrick: Extend the text but keep the values as positive numbers
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2123
Patrick: set for ODF 1.3
Patrick: go to new issues
Patrick:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201604/msg00002.html
Patrick: Open one Jira issue, set to 1.3 and correct as indicated.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau