Subject: ODF TC Teleconference Agenda for April 25, 2016

Hurray! An agenda a bit further ahead of time! BTW, several of us
(including me) have pending action items.

Dear TC members,

Below you find a draft agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2016-04-18.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2016&month=4&day=25&hour=13&min=30&sec=0&p1=25&iv=1800

The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 641-715-3580

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf

Agenda
------

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -

04-April-2016

11-April-2016

18-April-2016

(all attached)

4. Action Items:

A. Jos to contact implementers on default value lists: - pending -
working on it - templates with default values - hasn't been sent out, yet

B. Darrin to check on MS Office support for data ranges in pivot tables:
- pending

C. Thorsten to adapt the proposal in
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2094 - pending

D. Patrick - Convert
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201604/msg00002.html to
JIRA issue, set to ODF 1.3

E. Darrin - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2110 - Will help
with compatibility with Word?

F. Jos will compile a list of attributes defined as string - for
conversion to EBNF and/or regexes
(https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2111)

G. Patrick, https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2118, compare to
schema

5. Notice of Commits (Questions/Discussions welcome) First Notice

None at time of posting.

6. JIRA Issues for discussion:

Continue: JIRA-Issues-ODF-TC-04April2016.ods

7. New comments on the comments list since last TC call
[none so far]

8. Next meeting: 2016-05-02 at 14:30 UTC.

9.  Adjournment

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau

ODF-TC-Minutes-04-April-2016

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

9:30 AM EST

9:35 AM EST - Roll Call

Quorum

+Thorsten Behrens

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

Aarti Nankani

+Thomas O'Reilly

+Michael Stahl

+Jos van den Oever

+Patrick Durusau

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 6 out of 10 - 60%

60% percent quorum

At the end of the meeting today, Aarti Nankani will
be a voting member of the TC! Welcome Aarti!

2. Agenda approved by consent

3. Minutes from prior meetings noted.

- 07-March-2016 - notice only (attached)

- 14-March-2016 - notice only (attached)

- 21-March-2016 - notice only (attached)

4. Action Items:

A. Jos to contact implementers on default value lists: - pending - working on it - templates with default values - hasn't been sent out, yet

B. Darrin to check on MS Office support for data ranges in pivot tables: - pending

C. Thorsten to adapt the proposal in https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2094 - pending

D. Patrick to close Office-1981 and create new issue for Jos. - see https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3901 done

5. Commits - none to review

6. JIRA issues

Office-2102

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2102

Jos van den Oever: XML has CDATA
Jos van den Oever: is the same character data meant?
Patrick: Regina says we should define character data - but no child
elements -
Jos van den Oever: xml:space="preserve"
Patrick: Jos - preserve white space by default - for proper handling of
line returns
Jos van den Oever: <text:text-input xml:space="preserve">
Jos van den Oever: even if we do not change the spec, the attribute
xml:space="preserve" can be used by implementations
Jos van den Oever: right now
Patrick: Do we need formatting inside a field?
Patrick: correction - whitespace formatting
Jos van den Oever: 6.1.1 The character content of a paragraph consists
of the character data of the paragraph element and the character data of
its descendant elements
Patrick: Proposed Consent: need to define character data - do control
characters belong to character data - but no child elements - set to ODF 1.3
Assign to Patrick - for a proposal for TC

Consent to set Office-2102 to ODF-1.3

Office-2103

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2103

Consent - set 2103 to 1.3

Office-2104

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2104

Patrick: 2104 - Regina suggests changing to task - leave at 1.3?

Consent to change Office-2104, leave at ODF 1.3

Office-2105

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2105

Consent to change to task - last task

Office-2106

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2106

Jos - distinguishing 1.2 from 1.2 extended, have to review the
entire document to see if it is extended

Patrick: tricky to figure out if extended or not

Patrick: we don't have a flag for extended/non-extended -

Consent to make this a task as well

Office-2107

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2107

Consent to 1.3

Office-2108

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2108

Consent to close 2108

Adjourn 10:30 pm
ODF-TC-Minutes-11-April-2016

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

9:30 AM EST

9:35 AM EST - Roll Call

Quorum

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

+Darrin House

+Michael Stahl

+Andras Timar

+Jos van den Oever

+Patrick Durusau

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 7 out of 11 - 63%

63 percent quorum

Action item: Patrick to convert Eike emails into JIRA issues

2. Consent to agenda

3. prior minutes: Minutes of 07 Mar, 14 March, 21 March, approved by consent

4. Action items: Patrick: Darrin will report next week on pivot ranges

5. No commits

6. JIRA issues

Office-2109

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2109

set to ODF 1.3 - to come closer to SVG, a point we need to
handle - Regina

Consent to set to ODF 1.3.

Office-2100

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2110

Office-2100 - Michael - would this help with compatibility with
MS Word? Anchor types?
Patrick: Darrin will check and report back to the TC.

(Action item)

Office-2111

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2111

suggestions on Office-2111?

Jos - what chance of errors, regexes can be checked with RELAX-NG -

Patrick suggest that we close office-2111 - easier to check regexes
Patrick  close Office-2111

Jos will compile a list of attributes defined as string - for
conversion to EBNF and/or regexes

Will send to email a list with estimate of regex difficulty

(Action item)

Office-2112

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2112

Consent Office-2112 - set to ODF-Later

Office-2114

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2114

Office-2114 - set to 1.3 - grid size would be useful for
spreadsheet implementers - Andreas - grid size useful for validating
pointers

Consent: set Office-2114 to ODF 1.3

Office-2115

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2115

check against ODF 1.2 current text - report at next meeting

Adjourned - 10:30 AM
ODF-TC-Minutes-18-April-2016

1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

9:30 AM EST

9:35 AM EST - Roll Call

Quorum

+Andreas Guelzow

+Regina Henschel

+Aarti Nankani

+Thomas O'Reilly

+Michael Stahl

+Andras Timar

+Jos van den Oever

+Patrick Durusau

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 8 out of 11 - 75%

75 percent quorum

2. Agenda, amend to add https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201604/maillist.html to new issues (#7 on agenda)

As amended, consent to agenda.

Office-2115

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2115

Patrick: close office-2115 with references to ODF 1.2 part 1

Jos van den Oever:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#__RefHeading__1416408_253892949

Jos van den Oever: 16.28.2Paragraph Styles

Patrick: 16.28.2 paragraph styles in part 1 of ODF 1.2

Patrick: my bad, wants to define character style and then use it in a
paragraph style. So have the capability but not by using reference to
character style.

Patrick: by capability, I mean the same effect can be achieved in ODF
1.2 but not by using a reference to a character style.

Jos van den Oever: Having the ability to use a reference avoid
duplication of text-properties

Jos van den Oever: ODF would be more elegent with a reference to a
character style instead of having an extra text-properties in the
paragraph style.

Patrick: would reference to character style supercede an existing
definition of text properties - Regina - could say direct or reference
but not both - Either or not both in the schema

Patrick: Would be a big change for ODF 1.3, possibly more appropriate to
ODF 2.0.
Jos van den Oever: For ODF 2.0, I think it would a very nice improvement.
Patrick: Michael - serious compatibility issues

Consent to set for ODF-Next

Office-2116

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2116

open but leave for 1.3 - assign to Michael -

Office-2117

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2117

consent to 1.3

Office-2118

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2118

Action Item: Patrick - compare to schema

Office-2119

https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2119

Assign to Regina, set to 1.3

Office-2121

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2121
Patrick: closed already

Office-2122

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2122

Consent to set for ODF 1.3
Patrick: Extend the text but keep the values as positive numbers

Office-2123

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2123

Consent to set for ODF 1.3

7. New Comments:

https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201604/msg00002.html

Consent to Open one Jira issue, set to 1.3 and correct as indicated.

(Action Item for Patrick)