OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

office message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: Agenda for 27 June 2016 ODF Teleconference

Reminder: There will be no ODF TC meeting on Monday, July 4, 2016.

Dear TC members,

Below you find a draft agenda for our TC call on Monday, 2016-06-27.


The call counts towards voter eligibility.

Teleconference Numbers

Canada - (use US number)

Denmark - +45 78 77 25 34

Germany - +49 30 255550324

Hungary - +36 1 987 6874

The Netherlands - +31 6 35205016

USA - +1 641-715-3580

Access code (for all numbers): 438-387

Chat room for meeting is at: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/odf


1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -


25-April-2016 - attached.




4. Action Items:

Will be updated.

5. Notice of Commits (Questions/Discussions welcome) First Notice

None at time of posting.

6. New Comment Issues:

None at the time of posting the agenda

7. JIRA Issues for discussion:


8. Next meeting: 2016-07-11 at 14:30 UTC.

9.  Adjournment

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick Durusau
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)
OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300
Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps)

Another Word For It (blog): http://tm.durusau.net
Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau


1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

9:30 AM EST

9:35 AM EST - Roll Call


+Regina Henschel

+Darrin House

+Michael Stahl

+ Andras Timar

+Jos van den Oever

+Patrick Durusau

Names of voting members preceded by "+"

Voting members 6 out of 11 - 54%

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls -




(all attached)

4. Action Items:

A. Jos to contact implementers on default value lists: - pending -
working on it - templates with default values - hasn't been sent out, yet

-> still working on list

B. Darrin to check on MS Office support for data ranges in pivot tables:

-> Darrin House: Discontiguous source references are not supported for
native PivotTables in Excel, although you can do that with Data Model
PivotTables. As for OOXML, source range is covered by the
worksheetSource element (section of ISO-29500).  It can
accept named ranges as well as ST_Refs. From the way the question is
phrased, I think the correct answer is yes. Section,
cacheSource, will likely also be of interest to the asker.

-> short answer: done.

C. Thorsten to adapt the proposal in
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2094 - pending

-> pending.

D. Patrick - Convert
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office-comment/201604/msg00002.html to
JIRA issue, set to ODF 1.3

-> done.

E. Darrin - https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2110 - Will help
with compatibility with Word?

-> Darrin - best if he got a longer answer - agreed with Regina
- close issue - will mail out details -

F. Jos will compile a list of attributes defined as string - for
conversion to EBNF and/or regexes

-> pending

G. Patrick, https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2118, compare to

-> pending

5. Notice of Commits (Questions/Discussions welcome) First Notice

None at time of posting.

6. JIRA Issues for discussion:


Jos van den Oever: existing draw:display
Jos van den Oever: always|none|printer|screen

Consent -> Re-use draw:display on shape and set for 1.3


The <presentation:placeholder> element has the following attributes:
presentation:object 19.403, svg:height 19.539.10, svg:width 19.571.12, svg:x
19.573.8 and svg:y 19.577.8.

Jos van den Oever: "The presentation:placeholder attribute specifies if
a shape is a placeholder or a presentation object with content."
Patrick: Proposal is to add to placeholder attribute to other objects.
Patrick: Jos - move to ODF later, Regina thinks not necessary - examples?

Consent -> to set Office-2126 to ODF-Later


Note that tab alignment is expected (should) for interoperability (display) purposes
Patrick: set to ODF 1.3 but resolution is a note on expected support for
tab alignment in spreadsheets
Darrin House: that looks good
Consent -> Office-2127


Patrick: Jos, could be show-as-link with a default value of true.
Internal references in document
Patrick: possibly a global toggle for display as hyperlinks
Patrick: need a more convincing use case before setting to ODF 1.3

Consent -> to close Office-2128

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: OpenPGP digital signature

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]