[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]
Subject: TC minutes for May 02, 09, 16 and 23, 2016
Greetings! The first of several waves of documents as I attempt to get caught up on the administrative stuff for the ODF TC. I hope to push the June minutes out this week as well. Then onto other ODF related tasks. Hope everyone is having a great week! Patrick -- Patrick Durusau firstname.lastname@example.org Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB) OpenDocument Format TC (OASIS), Project Editor ISO/IEC 26300 Co-Editor 13250-5 (Topic Maps) Another Word For It (blog): http://tm.durusau.net Homepage: http://www.durusau.net Twitter: patrickDurusau
ODF-TC-Minutes-02-May-2016 Agenda ------ 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights +Thorsten Behrens +Andreas Guelzow +Regina Henschel +Darrin House Tom O'Reilly - present +Micahel Stahl +Jos van den Oever +Patrick Duruasu Names of voting members preceded by "+" Voting members 6 out of 8 - 75% 75 percent quorum 2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda Consent - agend approved. 3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls - Pending: 25-April-2016 4. Action Items: Will be updated. 5. Notice of Commits (Questions/Discussions welcome) First Notice None at time of posting. 6. JIRA Issues for discussion: Office-2118 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2118 Jos van den Oever: ah, 19.714table:source-field-name Consent: set to ODF 1.3 - accepted, other modifications may be suggested. Office-2129 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2129 Patrick: Regina - PPT has repeats that cannot be captured in ODF with integer Consent: Set to 1.3 and accept in principle - check the details Office-2130 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2130 Patrick: Needs better title - about data labels - needs to be set for 1.3 but need to explore more (Regina) Patrick: consider consolidation of data-label as well - comment Consent to 1.3 Office-2131 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2131 Patrick: one suggestion - keep cell but add cell range, instead of being optional Patrick: Regina - file format needs to know where to put the results Patrick: confusing process of creation of consolidation with how to store it Patrick: current spec multiple input cells, one output cell Patrick: 9.7 - The <table:consolidation> element defines the consolidation of data from multiple table ranges. Consolidation means that a new table range is filled with values calculated by applying a mathematical function to all cells in the source table ranges that have the same relative address within these ranges. Consent: Patrick to send note to Darrin requesting clarification Office-2132 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2132 Consent:Set to ODF 1.3 Office-2134 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2134 Michael Stahl: 9.2.5 Cell Range Address List Patrick: This also comes up in 9.2.1 Referencing Table Cells Consent: consensus to close this issue Office-2151 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2151 Jos van den Oever: 2151 talks about lack of script language identification here 19.910.36<text:script> Jos van den Oever: we do have 19.430 script:language Consent: Close 2151 Office-2153 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2153 Patrick: copyright statement - if modified, must it be re-named? Consent: reset this for ODF 1.3 - Patrick to follow up with OASIS on schema 7. New comments on the comments list since last TC call [none so far] 8. Next meeting: 2016-05-09 at 14:30 UTC. 9. Adjournment
ODF-TC-Minutes-09-May-2016 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights +Thorsten Behrens +Andreas Guelzow +Aarti Nankani +Micahel Stahl +Andras Timar +Jos van den Oever +Patrick Duruasu Names of voting members preceded by "+" Voting members 7 out of 10 - 70% 70 percent quorum 2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda Consent: agenda approved 3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls - Pending: 25-April-2016 02-May-2016 4. Action Items: Will be updated. 5. Notice of Commits (Questions/Discussions welcome) First Notice None at time of posting. 6. JIRA Issues for discussion: Continue: JIRA-Issues-ODF-TC-04April2016.ods New: JIRA-Issues-ODF-TC-09May2016.ods Office-2154 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2154 Jos van den Oever: There could be language like: "Note: While the image data may have an arbitrary format, vector graphics should be stored in the [SVG] format and bitmap graphics in the [PNG] format." Patrick: Does everyone support Open Font Format(ISO/IEC 14496-22)? If so, can make its use mandatory. Patrick: Everyone should use Open Font Format(ISO/IEC 14496-22) - defer font embedding - consent Patrick: refers to SVG - so indirectly specifies embedding Consent: OFFICE-2154 to be fixed in ODF 1.3. Enhancement 1: Fonts should be stored as Open Font Format. Enhancement 2: more explanation on how to embed fonts. Office-2156 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2156 Consent: Defer to next meeting, Patrick to do the comparison Office-2164 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2164 Jos van den Oever: "Among the Oriental Orthodox some churches have changed from the Julian to the Gregorian calendar and the date for Easter as for other fixed and moveable feasts is the same as in the Western church." Consent to accept for 1.3, still need to work out the details Office-2171 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2171 Jos van den Oever: draw:chain-next-name Patrick: possible to add attributes to allow frames to split across pages - similar impact? Jos van den Oever: 19.118 Patrick: should have an algorithm on where to make the next frame when overflows the first frame Consent: set Office-2171 - ODF-Later Office-2173 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2173 Consent: Office-2173 at 1.3 Office-2179 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2179 Consent: Close Office-2179 - sc already working on change tracking Office-2180 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2180 Consent: Close Office-2180 - sc already working on change tracking 7. New comments on the comments list since last TC call [none so far] 8. Next meeting: 2016-05-16 at 14:30 UTC. 9. Adjournment
ODF-TC-Minutes-16-May-2016 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights +Andreas Guelzow +Aarti Nankani +Jos van den Oever +Patrick Duruasu Names of voting members preceded by "+" Voting members 4 out of 10 - 40% 40 percent - no quorum No business was conducted and the meeting was adjourned.
ODF-TC-Minutes-23-May-2016 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights +Thorsten Behrens +Andreas Guelzow +Regina Henschel +Darrin House +Jos van den Oever +Patrick Duruasu Names of voting members preceded by "+" Voting members 6 out of 10 - 60% 60 percent quorum 2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda Agenda amended to include discussion of holidays, consent to agenda as amended. Holiday discussion: Patrick: Memorial Day, May 30th, July 4th, - US holidays? Patrick: August 1st Canada Patrick: October 3rd Germany Patrick: Labor day September 5th Patrick: December 26th Patrick: May 30th, July 4th, Aug. 1st, Sept. 5, Oct. 3rd, December 26th Consent to holidays as listed 3. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Minutes from former TC calls - Pending: 25-April-2016 02-May-2016 09-May-2016 4. Action Items: Will be updated. 5. Notice of Commits (Questions/Discussions welcome) First Notice None at time of posting. 6. JIRA Issues for discussion: Continue: JIRA-Issues-ODF-TC-09May2016.ods Office-2183 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2183 Consent: Refer to change tracking SC Office-2317 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2317 Consent: ODF-Later - Action item for Patrick to contact the commenter for details, cc: Thorsten Office-2361 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2361 Patrick: presentation change tracking Consent: refer to the change tracking TC Office-2362 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2362 Cosent- Action item - Patrick: Consolidate change tracking issues into one issue Office-2365 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2365 Jos van den Oever: A table can have a title and a description. <table:desc> and <table:title> Patrick: In section 9.1.14 <table:desc> note typo, lack of period after See appendix D and no hyperlink - correct in next version Consent: Close Office-2365 - consent Office-2368 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2368 Patrick: Regina could add to non-normative references and keep as string - Consent: to keep as string Office-2369 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2369 Consent: same resolution as 2368 Office-2369 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2369 Consent: same resolution (duplicate) Office-2386 https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2386 Jos van den Oever: svg has global 'id' but not 'xml:id' Jos van den Oever: for HTML: https://www.w3.org/TR/html5/infrastructure.html#concept-id Jos van den Oever: DTD from SVG "id ID #IMPLIED" Consent: expand proposal to add xml:id to all elements - consent Patrick: what does the id reference? possible question 7. New comments on the comments list since last TC call [none so far] 8. Next meeting: 2016-06-06 at 14:30 UTC. 9. Adjournment
Description: OpenPGP digital signature