Subject: Chat log - 20

Greetings!

The ODF chat log for 20 March, 2017:

anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever
Jos van den Oever is still working on parallel compression proof of
concept. in debugging phase, hope to have something to show next week
Svante Schubert dialing in
Svante Schubert:
https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201703/msg00008.html
Patrick: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201703/msg00008.html
Svante Schubert: I updated the issue -
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2102
Svante Schubert: Added Reginas alternatives and Andreas suggestion to
stay consistent
Svante Schubert: In addition, I added the discrepancy of children and
descendants
Andreas : B +1
Svante Schubert: I did not write a mail, but edited the issue 2102 (link
above)
Svante Schubert: B +1 :)
Patrick: Office-2102 set for vote on March 27, 2017.
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2103
Svante Schubert: Isn't the solution already written by the last comment
of Jos?
Svante Schubert: Confirmed by Oliver afterwards.
Svante Schubert: Jos comment was:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-2103?focusedCommentId=43453&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-43453
Svante Schubert: Again it would be nice to have a test document on the
issue..
Svante Schubert: Florian once wrote: "Clarify how master-page-break and
fo:break-before resp. fo:break:after interact. More precise: A
master-page-break should break accoring to the break-before resp.
break-after values.
"
Svante Schubert: as part of the proposal
https://wiki.oasis-open.org/office/MasterPageBreak
Svante Schubert:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#element-style_master-page
Svante Schubert: ^^ this is chapter 16.9 Patrick had been quoted in the
issue
Svante Schubert: the paragraph he quotes is two paragraphs above the NOTE
Patrick: From 16.9 "Each time the paragraph or table style is applied
to text, a page break is inserted before the paragraph or table"
Patrick: should read: "Each time the paragraph or table style is applied
to text, a fo:break-before is inserted before the paragraph or table.
Svante Schubert:
http://docs.oasis-open.org/office/v1.2/os/OpenDocument-v1.2-os-part1.html#property-fo_break-before
Svante Schubert: ^^20.178fo:break-before
Patrick: Ah, just to record my possible recapturing of what the
paragraph in 16.9 means, when a paragraph or table style is applied that
HAS a style:master-page-name attribute, then an fo:break-before is
always inserted. That is one page can only have one master-page style
and this assures that outcome.
Michael Stahl: 20.177 fo:break-after says "This attribute shall not be
used at the same time as fo:break-before." - so fo:break-* are mutually
exclusive - for consistency i would think that the intent is that
master-page-name is also exclusive to fo:break-after
Patrick: Note: fo:break-after is not allowed
Svante Schubert: This is only temporary and not for the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/19oytkguvhxvtka/pageBreaks.odt?dl=0
Svante Schubert:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/19oytkguvhxvtka/pageBreaks.odt?dl=1
Svante Schubert: Even with both fo:break-before and fo:break-after in
one properties element the document is stated as valid
Svante Schubert: http://odf-validator.rhcloud.com/
Svante Schubert: In the schema both are allowed:
Svante Schubert: <define name="common-break-attlist">
<optional>
<attribute name="fo:break-before">
<choice>
<value>auto</value>
<value>column</value>
<value>page</value>
</choice>
</attribute>
</optional>
<optional>
<attribute name="fo:break-after">
<choice>
<value>auto</value>
<value>column</value>
<value>page</value>
</choice>
</attribute>
</optional>
</define>
Svante Schubert: ^^see there is no choice between both fo: attributes
Svante Schubert: Looks like an RelaxNG issue..
Svante Schubert: Shall we write a new issue?
Patrick: Yes.
Patrick: why do we have this restriction -
Svante Schubert: you might have both breaks? :)
Svante Schubert: interesting
Patrick: Patrick - will write the issue - would make sense to have both
breaks - Regina
Svante Schubert: If this is fine with the applications, it is fine with
me :)
Svante Schubert: If there are two aligned page breaks to they add up?
Svante Schubert: ^^Is there an empty page within?
Svante Schubert: How are fo:break-* being inherited from parent styles?
Svante Schubert: I will start to extend the current test document.. and
sent to the list.. today :)
Svante Schubert: We might evolve the test document on the list..
Jos van den Oever: @Patrick are you still here?
Patrick: i'm still on but lost voice
Patrick: see everyone next week!
Svante Schubert: byebye

Apologies for losing voice!

Hope everyone is at the start of a great day!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau