Subject: Re: [office] Alternatives for OFFICE-2102

On 31.03.2017 15:39, Michael Stahl wrote:
> On 30.03.2017 19:03, Svante Schubert wrote:
>>  1. Add whitespace elements (text:tab, text:s, text:line-break) in the
>>     RelaxNG schema for every descendant of text:p/h that has already
>>     character data (perhaps define character data)
>
> let's take the first element from the list of <text:p> child elements
> that don't currently do whitespace processing: <dr3d:scene> 10.5.2
>
> it has a child <svg:title>, which allows <text/> content - so you want
> to do whitespace processing there since it's a descendant of <text:p>.
>
> however, <dr3d:scene> does not necessarily occur in a paragraph, it may
> also occur in a <style:handout-master> element, which is never a
> descendant of <text:p>.
>
> do we now say that <svg:title> must have whitespace processing when it
> occurrs as a descendant of <text:p>, but not otherwise?  to me that is
> the road to madness.
>
> to me a necessary criterion to apply whitespace processing is that the
> text content of the <text:p> descendant is conceptually part of the
> paragraph text - so all captions on drawing objects and authors on
> annotations and that sort of stuff shouldn't do whitespace processing.

another related point: <text:p> may also be a descendant of <text:p> -
for example inside <draw:text-box>... this of course means you have 2
independent paragraphs on which the whitespace processing algorithm is
applied; a <text:s> at the end of the inner paragraph should not cause a
space following the </draw:text-box></text:frame> in the outer paragraph
to vanish.

--
Michael Stahl | Software Engineer
Platform Engineering - Desktop Team

See how it works at redhat.com

Red Hat GmbH, http://www.de.redhat.com/, Sitz: Grasbrunn,
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht München, HRB 153243,
Geschäftsführer: Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill,
Eric Shander