Subject: chat notes - 17 July 2017 - Reminder - Next Week - 16:00 UTC meeting time

anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever
Regina Henschel: I have large problems with my telephone. I might be only able to use the chat.
anonymous morphed into Camilla - chat only
Michael Stahl: for those who weren't here last week, we were discussing the TC meeting time, and moving it forward a bit: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201707/msg00025.html
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: I updated you to chair again
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: we have high attendance due to meeting time discussion
Jos van den Oever: 18.00 PM in germany, 09.00 on the westcoast
Jos van den Oever: is a time that is preferred by some people, no other times were mentioned as preferred
Jos van den Oever: Pactrick: is anybody not able to attend at that time?
thomas: works for me
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: we'll switch to 16:00 UTC (18.00 in germany, 09.00 on the westcoast) for the next meeting on the 24th
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: and if we switch back we can enjoy one high attendance meeting again ;-)
Jos van den Oever: Michael noticed a summary page on jira where one can see changes to jira issues.
Jos van den Oever: Jos: this is convenient to show the activity since the last meeting
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: wonders what it represents exactly
Jos van den Oever: since multiple versions of the spec are listed. which version does the graph refer to?
Jos van den Oever: Michael: probably all versions
Jos van den Oever: Patrick suggests to show the events on the jira as a sort of leadership board or status update at the start of a TC meeting
Jos van den Oever: Regina created a new issues for the list style / heading style.
Jos van den Oever: It would be good to know how word should behave / what the logic is in there.
Jos van den Oever: Michael: what is the logic for picking a list style on a heading?
Jos van den Oever: Jos: coulnt you use the  text:outline-level?
Jos van den Oever: Regina: yes, and the list style is know. One should keep track of the index (the order number) of the heading
Jos van den Oever: Regina: one can determine the index by looking at the style that is used in the heading
Jos van den Oever: Michael: there is one list for each list element in the way that headings are currently given styles
Jos van den Oever: Regina: in a list there is the additional problem that the outline-number can contradict the list level
Jos van den Oever: Regina: so we should split into several pieces. (details ommitted because of talking speed, but this is also written in the issue)
Regina Henschel: use HeadingWithoutList.odt as start
Michael Stahl: my comments are for the documents attached here, sorry for the confusion: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201706/msg00004.html
Jos van den Oever: Regina: do we have a list of ODF consuming software?
Jos van den Oever: Jos: there is a completely incomplete list on the given link, that is software which has worked on the test server
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: it's a good thing to keep track of a list for comparison
Jos van den Oever: You can upoad here: https://beta.opendocumentformat.org/upload and then click 'view' to see how documents are rendered
Jos van den Oever: or click 'convert to odf 1.2 with ....'
Jos van den Oever: you can link directly to the content.xml https://beta.opendocumentformat.org/unzip/112899/content.xml
Jos van den Oever: there's no diff function atm that takes two content.xml
Jos van den Oever: but you can compare the rendering https://beta.opendocumentformat.org/rendercompare/upload/161/150/86/1
Jos van den Oever: unf calligra factory is broken atm, was working on that this weekend
Jos van den Oever: Regina: The 'A' and 'B' are unexpected in the Word rendering
Jos van den Oever: Regina: The expected text is written under the given heading.
Jos van den Oever: Regina: We should postpone this discussion until Arti can comment on Word
Jos van den Oever: Michael: let's discuss recent issues which have updates
Jos van den Oever: Aarti has provided screenshots: https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201707/msg00010.html
Jos van den Oever: Aartis screenshot shows an extra bit of text rendered near the graph points
Svante Schubert: How would the update of the spec would integrate into spec? Does the spec is informative enough without it?
Svante Schubert: The attributelist already exists: style-chart-properties-attlist
Svante Schubert: Only the four lines would be added:
Svante Schubert: <optional>
    <attribute name="chart:data-label-series">
      <ref name="boolean"/>
    </attribute>
  </optional>
Svante Schubert: series name equal to column name of table
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: it's a useful feature
Jos van den Oever: Svante: is the series name equal to the series label?
Jos van den Oever: Svante: without the screenshot I might be puzzled by the text. It would help if the text was different so it's clear if the cell value designates the text in the label
Svante Schubert: If we drop the screenshot for the udpated spec, is it worth to enhance the wording?
Jos van den Oever: Patrick finds the screenshot helpful
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: an illustration in the specification would be helpful
Svante Schubert: Sometimes screenshots are very helpful for understanding. Find it helpful to look sometimes into the ODF 1.1 specification especially for charts ;)
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: the screenshot is not nice enough to put directly in the text
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: time's up
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: the meeting is later next week
Jos van den Oever: Michael: wrote a proposal for
Jos van den Oever: Michael: 2122, can people, esp Svante review that?
Jos van den Oever: see you all in 169.5 hours
Svante Schubert: thx 4 the reminder
Svante Schubert: byebye

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)