Subject: ODF chat log - 7 August 2017

Greetings!

Our chat log from today's teleconference:

Camilla - chat only morphed into Camilla

anonymous morphed into Thorsten

Please change your name from 'anonymous' using the Settings button

anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever

Hello everyone, just joining chat to say, i'm a bit later due to taking
a wrong train. I guess Patrick will join and start the meeting. If not,
i'll be at my desk at 18:15.

yes, i'm here and very glad you're here because i'm still on a train

i can and will

Patrick: jos can you change my status?

done!

Patrick: thanks

Patrick: thanks

thomas: I am on the call. My phone mic appears to not be working.

Patrick: Have quorum

Patrick:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel

Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3742

i'm here

Regina: applications sometimes write svg:stroke-linecap, but on reading
svg:stroke-linecap is ignored by all applications

Regina: only gnumeric does not use draw:style, but that is a bug because
it interprets it wrong.

Andreas: It seems you use an old version of gnumeric.

Andreas: Gnumeric 1.10.16 is ancient.

Regina Henschel: No, the other way round. draw:style is not used, but
all use svg:stroke-linecap

Camilla: do not remove the attribute, but deprecate it so documents with
attribute as still valid ODF.

Regina: oh, i'm very sorry for writing it wrong.

Correction: applications sometimes write draw:style, but on reading
draw:style is ignored by all applications

Regina: so we can extend the proposal to deprecate draw:style and
draw:stroke-dash-names.

Patrick: The values of the draw:dots1-length, draw:dots2-length and
draw:distance attributes of the referenced <draw:stroke-dash> element
refer to the dashes without cap.

Patrick: 19.135 draw:dots1
The draw:dots1 attribute specifies the number of dashes for the first
sequence in an alternating
sequence of dots.

Patrick: proposed: 19.135 draw:dots1
The draw:dots1 attribute specifies the number of dashes for the first
sequence in an alternating
sequence of dots. ... These dashes do not use svg:stroke-linecap.

Regina: we should say that svg:stroke-linecap always has preference of
draw:style.

Jos: that is an elegant way of solving the ambiguity

Regina: what would be the appropriate wording for the standard?

Jos: The current wording in the proposal is fine: it takes hierarchy
into account.

Patrick: For a dashed line, the caps are applied to each dash. -> For a
dashed line, caps are applied to each dash.

Patrick: If the referenced <draw:stroke-dash> element has an attribute
draw:style, this is ignored. -> If the referenced <draw:stroke-dash>
element has an attribute draw:style, the draw:style attribute is ignored.

Michael Stahl: "This attribute is only evaluated for an object, if
neither the graphic style on the object nor any graphic style up in the
parent-hierarchy of it" -> "This attribute is only evaluated for an
object if neither the graphic style on the object nor any of its parent
styles"

Patrick: contains a svg:stroke-linecap attribute. -> contains an
svg:stroke-linecap attribute.

Patrick: When we use the word 'object', I know what it means, but is it
the right word here?

Michael: we usually use 'shape'

Camilla: A question regarding 'it' in Michael's text. What does that
refer to?

<i did not get the rest of Camillas question>

Camilla : my question does the last "it" refer to a style hierarchy or
the hierarchy of the shape/object

Michael: we sometime use 'object' and 'drawing object' to refer to shapes

Patrick: 16.40.9 --- render strokes of shapes.

Michael Stahl: Regina said the "it" refers to the style hierarchy

Patrick: draw:stroke-dah uses 'renders strokes of shapes' so what if we
said:

There is an interplay between object and style hierarchy and normally
both are followed to find the value for an attribute

Patrick: if neither the graphic style on the object nor any of its
parent styles" - if the graphic style of the shape contains a
svg:stroke-linecap attribute.

Patrick: inheritence is already defined: we do not need to mention the
inheritance.

Camilla agrees

Michael agrees too that the mention of hierarchy can go.

"This attribute is only evaluated for an object, if its style does not
contains a svg:stroke-linecap attribute." ?

s/contains/contain

Michael Stahl: also lose the comma

Patrick: "This attribute is only evaluated for an object, -> "This
attribute is evaluated for a shape,...

Patrick: "This attribute is only evaluated for an object, -> "This
attribute is evaluated for a shape,...

Patrick: contains -> contain

"This attribute is only evaluated for a shape if its style does not
contain an svg:stroke-linecap attribute." ?

"This attribute is evaluated for a shape if its style does not contain
an svg:stroke-linecap attribute." ?

Regina is fine with the new working from the meeting.

Patrick updates the text in jira.

No objections to the text, it has been approved.

Regina Henschel: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3928

Regina: in the summary panel there is an issue with a very long text. We
should read it before the next meeting.

So it would be good that the agenda mentions to prepare this issue.

Meeting adjourned.