Subject: chat notes - ODF teleconference - 07 August 2017

Greetings!

Our chat notes from the ODF Teleconference - 07 August 2017

*****Camilla - chat only morphed into Camilla
anonymous morphed into Thorsten
anonymous morphed into Jos van den Oever
Jos van den Oever: Hello everyone, just joining chat to say, i'm a bit
later due to taking a wrong train. I guess Patrick will join and start
the meeting. If not, i'll be at my desk at 18:15.
Jos van den Oever: yes, i'm here and very glad you're here because i'm
still on a train
Jos van den Oever: i can and will
Patrick: jos can you change my status?
Jos van den Oever: done!
Patrick: thanks
Patrick: thanks
thomas: I am on the call. My phone mic appears to not be working.
Patrick: Have quorum
Patrick:
https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel
Patrick: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3742
Jos van den Oever: i'm here
Jos van den Oever: Regina: applications sometimes write
svg:stroke-linecap, but on reading svg:stroke-linecap is ignored by all
applications
Jos van den Oever: Regina: only gnumeric does not use draw:style, but
that is a bug because it interprets it wrong.
Jos van den Oever: Andreas: It seems you use an old version of gnumeric.
Jos van den Oever: Andreas: Gnumeric 1.10.16 is ancient.
Regina Henschel: No, the other way round. draw:style is not used, but
all use svg:stroke-linecap
Jos van den Oever: Camilla: do not remove the attribute, but deprecate
it so documents with attribute as still valid ODF.
Jos van den Oever: Regina: oh, i'm very sorry for writing it wrong.
Jos van den Oever: Correction: applications sometimes write draw:style,
but on reading draw:style is ignored by all applications
Jos van den Oever: Regina: so we can extend the proposal to deprecate
draw:style and draw:stroke-dash-names.
Patrick: The values of the draw:dots1-length, draw:dots2-length and
draw:distance attributes of the referenced <draw:stroke-dash> element
refer to the dashes without cap.
Patrick: 19.135 draw:dots1
The draw:dots1 attribute specifies the number of dashes for the first
sequence in an alternating
sequence of dots.
Patrick: proposed: 19.135 draw:dots1
The draw:dots1 attribute specifies the number of dashes for the first
sequence in an alternating
sequence of dots. ... These dashes do not use svg:stroke-linecap.
Jos van den Oever: Regina: we should say that svg:stroke-linecap always
has preference of draw:style.
Jos van den Oever: Jos: that is an elegant way of solving the ambiguity
Jos van den Oever: Regina: what would be the appropriate wording for the
standard?
Jos van den Oever: Jos: The current wording in the proposal is fine: it
takes hierarchy into account.
Patrick: For a dashed line, the caps are applied to each dash. -> For a
dashed line, caps are applied to each dash.
Patrick: If the referenced <draw:stroke-dash> element has an attribute
draw:style, this is ignored. -> If the referenced <draw:stroke-dash>
element has an attribute draw:style, the draw:style attribute is ignored.
Michael Stahl: "This attribute is only evaluated for an object, if
neither the graphic style on the object nor any graphic style up in the
parent-hierarchy of it" -> "This attribute is only evaluated for an
object if neither the graphic style on the object nor any of its parent
styles"
Patrick: contains a svg:stroke-linecap attribute. -> contains an
svg:stroke-linecap attribute.
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: When we use the word 'object', I know what
it means, but is it the right word here?
Jos van den Oever: Michael: we usually use 'shape'
Jos van den Oever: Camilla: A question regarding 'it' in Michael's text.
What does that refer to?
Jos van den Oever: <i did not get the rest of Camillas question>
Camilla : my question does the last "it" refer to a style hierarchy or
the hierarchy of the shape/object
Jos van den Oever: Michael: we sometime use 'object' and 'drawing
object' to refer to shapes
Patrick: 16.40.9 --- render strokes of shapes.
Michael Stahl: Regina said the "it" refers to the style hierarchy
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: draw:stroke-dah uses 'renders strokes of
shapes' so what if we said:
Jos van den Oever: There is an interplay between object and style
hierarchy and normally both are followed to find the value for an attribute
Patrick: if neither the graphic style on the object nor any of its
parent styles" - if the graphic style of the shape contains a
svg:stroke-linecap attribute.
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: inheritence is already defined: we do not
need to mention the inheritance.
Jos van den Oever: Camilla agrees
Jos van den Oever: Michael agrees too that the mention of hierarchy can go.
Jos van den Oever: "This attribute is only evaluated for an object, if
its style does not contains a svg:stroke-linecap attribute." ?
Jos van den Oever: s/contains/contain
Michael Stahl: also lose the comma
Patrick: "This attribute is only evaluated for an object, -> "This
attribute is evaluated for a shape,...
Patrick: contains -> contain
Jos van den Oever: "This attribute is only evaluated for a shape if its
style does not contain an svg:stroke-linecap attribute." ?
Jos van den Oever: "This attribute is evaluated for a shape if its style
does not contain an svg:stroke-linecap attribute." ?
Jos van den Oever: Regina is fine with the new working from the meeting.
Jos van den Oever: Patrick updates the text in jira.
Jos van den Oever: No objections to the text, it has been approved

Regina Henschel: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3928
Jos van den Oever: Regina: in the summary panel there is an issue with a
very long text. We should read it before the next meeting.
Jos van den Oever: So it would be good that the agenda mentions to
prepare this issue.
Jos van den Oever: Meeting adjourned.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net
Twitter: patrickDurusau