Subject: OFFICE-3928 - Write pos/size for both plot-area and coordinate-region?

Hi members,

I'm not sure, that we should force the producer to calculate the pos/size of the <chart:plot-area> element. If these attributes are missing and the consumer does not know the new <chart:coordinate-region> element, he can act the same way as now: In case pos/size are missing, the consumer decides about pos/size.

Forcing the producer to calculate the pos/size of the <chart:plot-area> element requires a different, more complicate structure in the schema, because you need to group attributes with an element. I will start with that only, if you are sure about forcing the producer to calculate the pos/size of the <chart:plot-area> element.

My suggestion would be, not to force but only recommend it.
For example, add to the new section 11.x <chart:coordinate-region> the following text.

"If a producer writes the element <chart:coordinate-region> he should write the svg:x, svg:y, svg:width, and svg:height attributes of the <chart:plot-area> element too for to increase interoperability with consumers, which are not able to evaluate the <chart:coordinate-region> element."

Kind regards
Regina