Subject: Re: [office] OFFICE-3922 Presentation with examples for text on images

Hello Regina,

Thank you for the clarification so far. Let's try to make this complex feature more obvious and easier understandable to ODF spec users.
The better we explain it, the easier becomes ODF to be implemented.
As a definition of our goal, I would like to quote my earlier mentor: "Whenever I have to slow down my reading-velocity the text is too complex!" ;)

Now when I look up @draw:textarea-vertical-align, the specification reads:
"The draw:textarea-vertical-align attribute specifies the vertical alignment of the text area inside a shape."

There is yet no reference to any logical objects representing "text area" or "shape".
Searching the string "text area" does not reveal a <text:p>, but lead me only to the <draw:text-areas> element.

You mentioned other complex relations, that might need clarification, but how about starting with this one?
How could we improve the description of the feature you presented?
From my perspective: Adding references to some chapter within the spec to define "text area" and "shape" sounds like a good start, right?

Kind regards,
Svante

Hi Svante,