Subject: Notes from 27 Nov. 2017

Greetings!

Before I closed the browser window for the chat I realized I hadn't seen the notes from today!

They are pasted below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

*******ODF Chat notes - 27 Nov. 2017*******

Patrick: quorum
Jos van den Oever: Regina has an agenda for the agenda: a mail from the comments list ^
Jos van den Oever: s/agenda/item
Jos van den Oever: Agenda approved
Jos van den Oever: First item: discussion of mail to comment list that is linked above 'Subject: Element name split unnecessarily'
Jos van den Oever: Regina thinks we should make a task out of the mail that will be fixed for ODF 1.3.
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: the issue has come up before. the opinion then was that changing element names would give rise to issues
Svante Schubert: We should have a script, which joins adjacent <text:span> elements with similar style
Jos van den Oever: Regina: it's about representation in the document
Jos van den Oever: Regina: it's not about the element names
Jos van den Oever: Svante: there is a problem in generating the documentation from the schema, this can be fixed with a script
Jos van den Oever: Michael: Loading and saving in current libreoffice might fix it
Svante Schubert: The problem might have been inserted by an editor not necessary by the generation. We might fix the result with the script. :)
Svante Schubert: Or the latest XML of the ODF 1.3 draft
Svante Schubert: If we take care that nothing else in exchange is being broken, it might be worth a try ;)
Svante Schubert: ^^try what Michael suggests, using a late LO version
Patrick: <define name="text-soft-page-break">
<element name="text:soft-page-break">
<empty/>
</element>
</define>
Jos van den Oever: Svante thinks it is just an issue in the odt.
Jos van den Oever: Is the problem also in HTML?
Svante Schubert: Likely, as it was created from the ODT..
Jos van den Oever: Michael: the roundtrip fixes the problem by removing the spans that split the element names
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: We need to create a new ISSUE for ODF 1.3 "text:span splits element names" this will be fixed in the 1.3 version
Jos van den Oever: Patrick's proposal is accepted, issue will be created
Jos van den Oever: Discussion of the firs issue: https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3916 ODFF: RECEIVED
function should have constraint settlement  maturity
Jos van den Oever: Patrick has updated the proposal from the information in Eike's email.
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: Someone with knowledge of formulas needs to comment.
Jos van den Oever: Regina: there is a description for an error in the comments.
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: we do not have to specify an error message, just add a constraint
Jos van den Oever: Patrick do we agree to the resolution?
Jos van den Oever: The resolution for OFFICE-3916 has been approved.
Jos van den Oever: Next: b. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3908 WEEKDAY function to
support additional type argument values
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: Andreas: does gnumeric handle this?
Andreas J Guelzow: I have dropped off the call, problems with my connection.
Andreas J Guelzow: we handle those additional values
Patrick: Andreas any comment on https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3908?
Andreas J Guelzow: Gnumeric is already supporting the extensions of 3908.
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: if there are no other objections, the issues is resolved
Jos van den Oever: next:
c. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3907 DAYS360 third
parameter should be Logical
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: we closed the requests for logicals, this one is similar. Do we want to close it too?
Jos van den Oever: Regina: it's not exactly the same. The contraint here is between 0 and 1. That's not the same as logical (true/false).
Jos van den Oever: Regina: Changing to logical would be better.
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: is there an objection to solving 3907 as suggested?
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: issue is updated to reflect suggestion by Eike
Jos van den Oever: There is no objection: the resolution has been accepted.
Jos van den Oever: next: d. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3906 DCOUNT and DCOUNTA
Field argument can be omitted
Jos van den Oever: Jos: is there already a function that has an optional argument that is not in the last position
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: i see no quick way to know that
Jos van den Oever: Patrick will take an action item to see if there are any functions that have a non-terminal optional argument
Jos van den Oever: This issue is reschedule until next week.
Jos van den Oever: Next:
e. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3905 LINEST and LOGEST
should have ForceArray parameter types
Jos van den Oever: Jos: ForcedArray quite complicated so some explanation would be helpful
Jos van den Oever: Jos: it seems a bug in 1.2 from the tone of that mail
Jos van den Oever: Jos: the proposal currently says "ForceArray Array knownY " not "ForceArray knownY "
Jos van den Oever: Patrick: i pasted the first mail, the second mail is a corrected version
Jos van den Oever: The actual correction: http://markmail.org/message/zynd3ybnf32nb5ji
Jos van den Oever: Jos: e.g. Syntax: MDETERM( ForceArray Array matrix ) , so ForceArray Array is not unheard of
Jos van den Oever: Jos: unf these spreadsheets formulas are too advance for me atm, so I cannot comment on the correctness of the suggestion
Jos van den Oever: Regina: when you look at the formulas that the knownx and knowny are used as arrays
Jos van den Oever: Regina: forcedArray excludes intersection behavior. when you use the same formula for several rows, with one value for the parameter. ForceArray means that the intersection behavior is not allowed.
Jos van den Oever: Patrick suggests to defer this issue so we can understand what is going on.
Jos van den Oever: Until next week, we might gain a bigger understanding.
Jos van den Oever: Regina: Thorsten has a proposal on the mailing list that should go on the agenda for next week.
Svante Schubert: bye
patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)

Homepage: http://www.durusau.net