Subject: Re: [office] Use of ODF extensibility features? - Question for WG6 meeting today, in about 75 minutes

Svante,

Thanks!

I think the question was more about present use rather than capability.

Anyone using extended ODF?

Thanks!

Patrick

PS: It's other folks I need to ask but will check on PDF 2.0.

On 12/20/2017 08:13 AM, Svante Schubert wrote:
Hello Patrick,

What kind of extensibility are we talking about?

The most elegant way to extend ODF by adding further information to the ODF document is by using
In addition, there had been prior to RDF the ability to add own XML:
I can remember that at StarOffice project we once added own attributes to the styles to have a similar effect as with RDF, but RDF is the more advanced technology. Perhaps even too complex for some engineers, who just want to insert some XML ;)
But don' forgot we are all able to add any arbitrary content within the ZIP package and align it with metadata using the RDF mechanism.

PS: Could you please in return do me a favour and ask for availability of PDF 2.0, see https://lists.oasis-open.org/archives/office/201710/msg00012.html

Thanks in advance and good luck with the call!
Svante

Greetings!

Preparing for the WG6, the ODF mirror group in SC34 and the question as
come up:

How often are extensibility mechanisms used in ODF applications?

Thoughts? Where to look?

Thanks!

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)