Subject: Chat notes 12 Feb 2018

Greetings!

Our chat notes for the ODF TC Teleconference, 12 Feb. 2018 are below.

Hope everyone is at the start of a great week!

Patrick

Patrick: 1. Dial-In, Roll Call, Determination of Quorum and Voting Rights

2. Motion (simple majority): Approve the Agenda

3. Motion (simple majority): Notice of minutes from prior TC calls - pending

4. Meeting time for 2017-02-05 - https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/meetingdetails.html?year=2018&month=2&day=12&hour=17&min=0&sec=0&p1=25&p2=37

5. Issues for Feb. 12, 2018:

a. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3854 Proposal: different relative size relations

b. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3853 Add Threefish encryption

c. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3851 Public Comment: About OpenDocument Format and units "at"/"atm"

d. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3848 Error in matrix description in 19.107 dr3d:transform

e. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3847 Simplify Line Height handling

f. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3846 Use @text:relative-tab-stop-position as well for style:tabs-stops instead of using settings.xml flag

g. https://issues.oasis-open.org/browse/OFFICE-3845 Unclear if tabulator positions are being inherited among styles

6. Next meeting: 2018-02-19
Patrick: quorum - yes
Patrick: Look at comment list as item 0
Patrick: agenda approved
Patrick: Do we see version control as different from change tracking?
Patrick: Where versions are "accepted" versions of documents instead of documents with changes pending acceptance or rejection.
Patrick: Michael, is the user interested in diffs or simple storage of prior versions
Patrick: Regina suggests the flat format could be used as an option
Patrick: Possibly unclear what the user is requesting in terms of version - heaps of older documents?
Patrick: If "diffs" or GitHub are not requirements, then Michael's Office-1436 looks promising.
Patrick: one image subdirectory or one per version? if Office-1436
Patrick: Michael will send reply with various options -
Patrick: Regina - current text isn't clear -
Regina Henschel: 19.510.2
Patrick: Regina wants to make a drawing to illustrate areas in a document, frame text area, margins, esp. when it comes to vertical, sections, footnote,
Patrick: then will need the attribute in Office-3854
Patrick: Regina will do drawing for text documents
Patrick: Accept Office-3854
Patrick: Defer Office-3854 until the terms are clear
Patrick: Michael says no one has implemented it so just close the issue
Patrick: Close Office-3853 - no objections
Patrick: "atm" ("at") *
Patrick: Excel confuses these, should retain for interoperability reasons
Patrick: Michael - could define new units to represent the correct values
Patrick: Andreas says we need to say what the correct values are, even if we continue the confusion
Andreas J Guelzow: =convert(1,"atm","Pa") is 101325 in both Excel2016 and Gnumeric
Andreas J Guelzow: =convert(1,"at","Pa") is 101325 in Excel2016, and undefined in Gnumeric
Patrick: Andreas - atm is technically correct answer
Patrick: Andrea - need to say at isn't the same as atm -
Patrick: at-correct ?
Patrick: need prose on the error and suggestion for fix for "at"
Patrick: Regina - should put the wrong unit as deprecated, at - unit
Patrick: Patrick to submit prose and new unit symbol
Regina Henschel: SI_at
Patrick: adjourned

patrick@durusau.net
Technical Advisory Board, OASIS (TAB)